The come from behind!

DevonSomes

Okay so was playing the other day in a near-hopeless battle with about three Imperators (18 Interceptors) against four Mon Cals (12 X-wings 4 B-Wings) with a rarely large support fleet (27 ships total) including some interdicting class ship.

Anywoo... i was well on the way to getting my arse whipped... loss all fighter squads and two Imperators with no weapons while they had lost two of their Mon Cals (Destroyed) and one Mon Cal disabled when my other two Imps woke up and starting systematically destroying smaller ships. I mean they ran through two gunships and a bulk cruiser while the enemy's main mon cal cruiser was engaged with my last Star Destroyer. In the end, I had the two damaged Imps hit the Interdictor ship and the rebels actually ran...

Has this happened to anyone else... I mean honestly... how often does the battle last long enough for ships to repair themselves and re-enter the battle?

What do you mean they blew up the death star?!?

Well's who's they?!? What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!?

Anyone know why the AI will turn tail and flee when they're winning? I've had a Star Destroyer loaded with TIEs and two carracks run from my colonizing fleet of eight medium transports. Only thing I can think of is that the AI gets scared when they're outnumbered, regardless of their firepower.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

I have also noticed that the AI in a single player game will occasionally retreat, even if they have the upper hand. Maybe the AI does makes its tactical decisions on ship quantity versus ship quality...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Darth_Rob wrote:

Maybe the AI does makes its tactical decisions on ship quantity versus ship quality...

Fascinating theory 8O ! I think I'll work on a massive fleet of corvettes and see if I can make some SD's runaway ... That would be a sight.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Don't think so.

I've taken a single ISD and a couple of carracks against a two full carriers and a four or five corvettes and had them run away like chickens before.

No idea why the ISD running from the transports thing happened (normally don't build medium transports). But maybe I should try that one day.

What do you mean they blew up the death star?!?

Well's who's they?!? What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!?

I doubt that it is quantity, i've had smaller fleets of more powerful ships face my legions of corvettes before. The other day I had a 10 ship fleet vs 1 ISD and it didn't run, pity those ships were mostly transports...
I've just remembered i've got a signature!