Hyperspace stuff

Skynxnex

Question

OK, I feel bad for posting this topic but I honestly dont know the answer to this question.

First of all, is there any way at all to decrease the time it takes to say for instance send a building to another planet? I know how to mod my ships in RebEd so that they wont spend forever in hyperspace but I was wondering if anyone knew how to do it for the buildings.

Example: Say I build a building on Coruscant but I want to send it to a planet in another sector, is there a way to decrease the time in hyperspace my building takes to arrive at the next place?

Second question:

Someone mentioned it before, but I forgot how it goes. Someone before said there was a way to get the AI to go into the Outer Rim. They changed the importance or something of the sectors. Something like that anyway. Is there a way for me to do this in RebEd and if so...how?

Thank you to anyone who can help answer these newbie questions for me. :D

http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

4 answers to this question

First of all, is there any way at all to decrease the time it takes to say for instance send a building to another planet?

Not as far as I know :oops: .

Someone mentioned it before, but I forgot how it goes. Someone before said there was a way to get the AI to go into the Outer Rim. They changed the importance or something of the sectors. Something like that anyway. Is there a way for me to do this in RebEd and if so...how?

Yes. There is a map option where you can change the name (name only not description) of a planet and you can move the Sectors around. You can also change the planets to inhabitated, the AI will determine wheter Rebellion, Empire, or Neutral. By doing this to a few of the Outer Rim Sectors the AI will begin Colonizing or taken these Areas first. Just depends. Hope tihis helps :roll: .

"The attack on me by the Jedi has left me physically deformed. But, my Resolve has never been Stronger"Palpatine

In the rebellion editing sector of this forum is a topic named "Hyperspace values for "others"". At the end of the topic is a discussion, that you can't raise hyperspace speed od objects but you could move the position on planets closer to each other, which would have the same effect. I did not try this out, because I don't think there is a need to do so, but perhaps it helps out you a little bit?
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. (Sun Tsu - The Art of War)

Tut tut tut, don't you people read the manuals? :D I am amazed if you didn't and still managed to play the game 8O Anyways, I have read the manual through, and as far as I am aware there is no way in the game to transport your buildings faster accross galaxies or whatever. Secind question... No idea at all. I don't even understand it.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away