Auto-manage mines/refineries?

nic767

What do you have the droids handle?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you have the droids handle?

• Neither
    • Mines/Refineries
    • Garrisons
    • Both

Question

Do you guys set the droids to automatically stock your planets with mines/refineries? I find it simply takes waaayy too much micro to try and balance it out and keep the yards constantly busy? And if I want to build something I can always just cancel and change the production and if he ever fills up one of those long power bar planets I just scrap 'em, but what do you veterans say?

And for that matter do you have him auto-manage garrisons?

11 answers to this question

Mines & Refineries only for me :)

I find that if left to auto, the AI pumps out way to many troops per planet, so i always do that myself working from my 'sector capitals' back to the least important planets.

DG

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2350/darth1b3bu.jpg

Visit the forums > The Galactic Core Forums

Personally I manage it all myself. I don't like the way the droid manages anything, especially troops. It uses Darktroopers for gods sake,what a waste as a garrison.-Grand Moff Conway

I never use those that blasted droid. I maintain points by gaining new planets. Once I have enough planets taken over where I have decent fleets and everything else is okay, then I begin to do the mine/refinery work myself. But I never, EVER use droids to handle my work.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I find it better to micromanage things myself. If I'm ever low on mines or refineries I do what Darth_Rob just mentioned and take over a few planets. Besides, I prefer to use my construction yards to beef up my infrastructure.

What do you mean they blew up the death star?!?

Well's who's they?!? What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!?

I don't use droid management for either. At the beginning of the game I just get planets (diplomacy/assault) in the inner core. I then garrison an outer rim sector and build one super construction yard system to build mines/refineries (and/or the occasional super shipyard). Then repeat this through out the other outer rim sectors. As for garrison troops, I usually use a minimum of 1 or 2 of the lowest value troops. I usually keep systems with priority facilities (construction yards, training facilities, shipyards) well stocked. I keep the high attack troops on ships for assualt, then ferry garrison troops after conquest.

The droid (AI) management for the "other side" is a definite benefit for me. As the AI stocks the opposition planets with the minimum required number of troops/fighters, I send my fleet patrolling to each of these systems wiping out the fighters and bombarding/sabotaging the garrison :twisted: . Now the AI has to use resources to replenish what I just wiped out. With all of these resources being redirected, I never get too many surprises. Just keep patrolling the systems and wiping them out.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

i do use both optoins but not all the time. once i have my core of planets started and running smoothly with excess resources i set the mines refineries over to the droids. once i have a smegload of resources i start it on garrisons. but when it comes back to makinf fleets for more then defence i stop them again so they aren't stealing resources from shipyards

Depend's on what type of game I'm playing.

Somtimes None.

Somtimes Both.

Just Depends for me.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

Only Sissies let the droids manage anything! Especially if you are playing as the rebellion. Relying on 3PO is as low as you can go!
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I allow the droids to handle my resources, but I wouldn't place my garrisons in their hands. They tend not to produce units that are effective at defending a planet, but rather whatever costs me the most.

I simply can't be bothered with mines and refineries...

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I allow them to manage garrisons and resources to a degree :roll: . I develop one planet for my control for construction to give LNR's and P.Shields to new planets, along with Shipyards,Troop Training Facility's,Construction, Yards,refineries and mines :P . I also use one planet for my control to pump out troops for defense and fleet troops for invasion :twisted: .
"The attack on me by the Jedi has left me physically deformed. But, my Resolve has never been Stronger"Palpatine

I let 'em control my mines/refinerys, but I have to actually build a lot of mines. My droids always seem to make thousands of refinerys for every three or four mines :? . Not sure why, but I have to get myself most of my buildpoints.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away