Texture Palette

I have been texturing Rebellion models for a few months now, and i have noticed that the texture .bmps before .bin conversion have a greater color variety than the in-game texs do.

I always apply the palette supplied by vakundok in his texture converter package to the bmps, but i would almost be inclined to say that the game uses only 16 colors, rather than the 256 supplied in the palette! Perhaps PSP doesn't really know how to apply a palette to a bmp, or perhaps it is a result of the conversion. If anyone has a suggestion as to how to get the colors to work in rebellion, please voice it. So far, the only colors i have actually seen work with my textures in game are a light blue, white, dark red, and the standard gray.

DirectX used (and still uses) only eight colors per texture coloring "runs". As Rebellion was created for speed, I think there is only a single run per texture.

I do not know whether a workaround solution would be to use more than one textures per model, each with only eight colors max ...