About missions (r&d in perticular)

SWARMER

Question

I was wondering is it better to send 2 people on the same mission to d osome research or 1 at a time. I know with other missions the more the marier, or am I wrong on that one too. Please help

The Swarm

The Force is one and all

12 answers to this question

im not sure, on other missions its best to have a group but does it go faster in Rand D with two seperate or two People on the same mission?
Why are people afraid to die? It is a natural part of life. Life and Death. They go together. Some people are just willing to speed up that process.

I agree. I think the manual said they combine their stats when you pool all your researchers.

Of course, if that's true, why doesn't the stupid AI combine them?

Anyway, I always combine my researchers, just to be on the safe side.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

I always do my researchers making their missions alone :? Somtimes I had 3 ship researchers, 2 facility and 2 troop training researchers on coruscant and perhaps a recruitment or espionage with the emperor there are 8 missions on coruscant :wink:
"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Separate missions seem to work out better for missions where you aren't concerned about being actively foiled R&D, Recruit, and diplomacy.

My theory on diplomacy being individual characters in seperate missions is Leia/Mon Mothma/Dodonna will almost always succeed, but those extra 1/10 or 1/20 chance that one of your "bounty hunters" (Chewie, Orinmarinko, Han) will succede can speed up the time to move a system to 100% support.

How do I set the laser printer to stun?

My theory on diplomacy being individual characters in seperate missions is Leia/Mon Mothma/Dodonna will almost always succeed, but those extra 1/10 or 1/20 chance that one of your "bounty hunters" (Chewie, Orinmarinko, Han) will succede can speed up the time to move a system to 100% support.

Yes yor are writh :)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

i've read some places that it really doesn't matter. and you're right about stats being pooled for sucess for a mission, but R&D doesn't have anything to do with stats, only the ability to researh, and even looking at the research levels in rebed, i don't know, and don't think that these would rise as R&D missions go on. but think of this, if you put three people together on a research mission, only one reports, maybe every report would be a positive one, i've never tried, but if you have three seperate missions, even if on the same system, you get three reports for the price of one, and even if one or two of this is no progress, i don't think you'd be losing anything. i think of R&D kind of like diplomacy, with an unseen bar going up and up as progress is made until it hits 100%. just as if you sent three diplomats to one system, with three sucessful reports the diplomacy shift will be alot more than if you had one sucessful report with a team of diplomats working together. remember, the sucess or not is affected by pooled stats, not the level of success, or at least this had been my experience. three diplomats working seperately on the same system will finish that system off much faster than a team. this i have tested and it seems to work this way for me. i think of R&D the same way, so i go with seperate missions, and from what i've seen in the games i've played, in all areas my R&D is usually ahead of my opponent, although that's hard to judge. i think i just cofused myself, but i hope this may help you a bit, lol.