More newbie help!! YAY!!!

MustangMan

Question

hello all, I'm new to forums and the game. As a matter of fact, I finished my first game this afternoon (had a few restarts though, just cause I learned more and more). I have two questions (for now):

1) WHAT THE HELL IS A "CONFIRMED MOVE"??????????????

Seriously, wtf... haha.

2) This is an interesting question.... What is the point of having a hyperdrive equipped fighter? Thus far I've only played as the rebellion (imperial dogs :P) so I'm assuming that at the beginning of a battle, TIEs don't deploy automatically like their Rebel counterparts do; they must be manually deployed (and collected if the imperial fleet is retreating). And as far as intra/inter sector flight, TIEs would need a carrier to take them to and from. So yeah, what's the deal with hyperdrive on fighters?

9 answers to this question

The point of having a fighter with hyperspace capabilites is that, for example, you have 6 fighters stationed at a planet. Suddenly, a huge fleet of enemey ships enters the system. The 6 fighters could retreat to your nearest system, thus saving them. If the fighters had no hyperdrive, they would be totalled without a chance of saving them.

As for the confirmed move, it tells you exactly how long it will take the target to get to the next system, so you know ahead of time.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Heres another question. In the encyclopedia definition of a few imp fighters, It mentions life-support. That doesn't make a difference in the game, does it?

Heres another question. In the encyclopedia definition of a few imp fighters, It mentions life-support. That doesn't make a difference in the game, does it?

I think thats just extra info they gave because TIE fighters supposedly lacked life support systems and were designed such that the pilots had to be in a special space suit so to speak.

http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

Another thing about your confirmed move question: when you send your fleet ona confirmed move to a system, that if where they will automatically retreat to if they have to run... Or that could be just just with characters and ground units who return there after they have a mission either foiled or successful, and are returning "home'. But a confirmed move makes them do that. otherwise they just go to their last confirmed move (Which could b in another sector) or else go to the nearest system that you control.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Another thing about your confirmed move question: when you send your fleet ona confirmed move to a system, that if where they will automatically retreat to if they have to run... Or that could be just just with characters and ground units who return there after they have a mission either foiled or successful, and are returning "home'. But a confirmed move makes them do that. otherwise they just go to their last confirmed move (Which could b in another sector) or else go to the nearest system that you control.

As far as I know, retreating ships will allways run to the next not blockarded planet you own. When a mission is foiled the characters / special forces will return to the place, from where their mission did begin. Confirmed move has nothing to do with it. Confirmed move is just as it says: It gives you to information the flight will need so many days, and you have to confirm if you really want to send them.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. (Sun Tsu - The Art of War)

I reread the manual- According to the manual, if your forces are on a mission to a planet that you do not own, they will return to the last confirmed move area. Though I was wrong about the ships. Thing is, though, that confirmed move thing has gotten me before. I completely forgot about it and intended to pick someone up when I sent them on a sabatoge mission to a Rebel planet that I blew up anyway from another system. Vader went from Sesswana to Sluis and back again...

12/14/07

DarthTofu wrote:

Vader went from Sesswana to Sluis and back again...

Yeah, that is a hard lesson to learn. I now try to send characters to nearby friendly systems or fleets in the vicinity for a "lay over", then send them onto their final destination. If they get "kicked back", then they don't have as far to go and other options can be made. But if you send someone across the galaxy and something happens and they're sent back, that's a lot of down time for that character (too bad frequent flyer miles don't get you anything).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

LOL, that'd be great. "From frequent flyer miles with the Empire, you can now cash in on your choice of Super Star Destroyer or Death Star! Please submit all wishes for frequent flyer gifts by day 3502. Frequent flyer reqards program is not valid if Corporate center has been tacken over by Rebels or Yuzahn Vong." Hah hah, no one can tell that I wrote this!

12/14/07