Voices and Sounds

kaflinkle

I'm trying to replace the voices in Rebellion but I'm having no such luck. I think I need a step by step guide in how to do this.

Any help would be fantastic.

I'm using reshack to try and do it but when I use replace, it all goes a bit wonky after that.

Cheers.

Here are a few things to try:

Regular wavs made in Sound recorder will work for voices. (NOT MP3s)

If you're not used to reshacker, follow this advice:

Open the .dll with the voices, then pay note to the folder that contains ALL the sounds. Then the number of the folder that contains the sound you want. From there, right click, "replace resource", and then a dialog will pop up. Use the open menu to select your .wav file, then for the first line, enter the name of the main folder that you first opened (which contains ALL the sound files). For the second line, name it the same name as the second folder that you opened. The last line is always 1033. Also, make sure you save.

This should work. If that still doesnt work, please respond with exactly what is going wrong, and what program you are making the wavs in. Thanks.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Right, I'm replacing the WAVS and saving the dll okay but in the game it is just reverting back to the standard sound/voices.

I didn't crate the wavs, just downloaded them from the web. Do the WAVS need to be re-jigged?

I think I have it, then.

Both Alsprite and Emsprite dlls have ALL the voices in them. Make sure that when you replace the files, you're putting the empire ones in Emsprite and the Alliance ones in Alsprite

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

• 4 weeks later...
For that matter, listen to them before you replace. Make sure that's what you are changing. Don't replace IMP-28's briefing with Solo saying: "I had everything under control." No, doesn't work.