Odd glitch: The dissapearing Rebel base?

Darth_Gonzo

I was playing a game as the Galactic Empire (ofcourse) and I found the Rebel base pretty early, maybe around 400-500

I sent a fleet over, beat the crap out of it, assaulted, bombarded, spit on it even. It was a headquarters battle and the battle didn't end. I searched the outlying secters with Assault Transports one by one for what seemed an eternity and I couldn't freagin find it

did I somehow defeat the rebel base but caused a glitch where it was still technically alive, but not there ingame so to speak? Or did they just hide it somewhere really well? Anyway

some favorite game moments:

- When I assassinate Chewbacca

- When I assassinate 3/4's of the Rebel personnel roster, infact

- When I shoehorn, or incite uprising and eventually neutrality on 3-5 Rebel planets each game. More fun and effective than assaulting sometimes

- When I tried to assassinate a character, failed but injured him, tried to abduct him and he was killed in the process. :lol:

- The one headquarters game early in my Rebellion gaming where I blew up the rebel base with the Death Star

more later

"I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It gives you strength." - Nothing happens to Palpatine without him wanting it to...except getting thrown down that shaft ofcourse. Let's hear it for the Empire.

lol, I'm pretty sure I did. It was when I first got the game like a year ago

I just remember the death star rotating and *KABLAMMO*

lol, it was the sweetest thing

"I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It gives you strength." - Nothing happens to Palpatine without him wanting it to...except getting thrown down that shaft ofcourse. Let's hear it for the Empire.

• 3 weeks later...
lol, I'm pretty sure I did. It was when I first got the game like a year ago

I just remember the death star rotating and *KABLAMMO*

lol, it was the sweetest thing

Hehehe. Ah yes "commence primary ignition" and bye bye world. Alas the first time I used the Death Star it was against a Core world..baaaaad idea.

http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

I rarely use the superlaser against a world. The awesome bombarding ability of the Death Star is better than the superlaser-also it lowers garrison needs on adjacent worlds.-Grand Moff Conway

I never realized that it lowered the garrisons on other planets. But I guess that would explain "Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station". Does it affect only the systems in that particular sector, or throughout the whole galaxy? I always build a Death Star, but I never realized it had this capability.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

It only affects the planets near it in the sector not the whole sector or whole galaxy. Still it is useful when you are dealing with newly conquered planets.-Grand Moff Conway

Hehehe. Ah yes "commence primary ignition" and bye bye world. Alas the first time I used the Death Star it was against a Core world..baaaaad idea.

Having never build a Death Star I'm not very proficient at DS tactics, but something about blowing a core world to smithereens sounds like... well silliness.

How many planets went into open revolt when you did that?

What do you mean they blew up the death star?!?

Well's who's they?!? What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!?

It results in a large disapproval of all worlds, even those with 100% loyality. So if you have a few planets that are neutral or not quite loyal, watch out, because they will be lining up to join the Rebellion. Thats why I save the Death Star for only the Rebel base.

My Website

Darth_Rob wrote:

Thats why I save the Death Star for only the Rebel base.

I'm assuming then you have already captured Luke & Mon Mothma (NON-headquarters only game)?

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Yeah. Though a funny story is one time I had Luke captured on Coruscant (he lost the Final Confrontation) and Mon Mothma captured on Mon Calamari (which I didnt realise was close to uprising). So when I destroyed the Rebel Base, Mon Calamari turned neutral, and Mon Mothma escaped (I had no capital ships overhead). I was like, "why isnt the game ending?", and then I see the message that Mon Mothma had escaped. I was like, "D'oh!".

My Website

Yeah. Though a funny story is one time I had Luke captured on Coruscant (he lost the Final Confrontation) and Mon Mothma captured on Mon Calamari (which I didnt realise was close to uprising). So when I destroyed the Rebel Base, Mon Calamari turned neutral, and Mon Mothma escaped (I had no capital ships overhead). I was like, "why isnt the game ending?", and then I see the message that Mon Mothma had escaped. I was like, "D'oh!".

Hahaha. Its hard tracking down those leaders.

http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

Lol! Thats sucks. I've only used the DS a few times, mainly on worthless outer rim plaents and the losses in popularity are still huge. Oh and i've used it one one core system, wasn't that bad just a loss of about 1/4 popularity on all planets, I had both the Sesswanna and Corellian on max so that sucked a bit.

I've just remembered i've got a signature!

Skynxnex wrote:

Hahaha. Its hard tracking down those leaders.

Once while playing as the Alliance (large galaxy, hard, virgin version), I had mostly of the galaxy controlled. Several of the "major" Imperial planets were blocaded, Coruscant was assaulted and the Emperor was captured :D . Unfortunately, Darth Vader escaped :x . I then spent about the next 300 days, assualting Imperial planets and colonizing every single vacant and Neutral planet I could find. I never ever found him, and hence didn't win the game. The AI "beat me", well more like didn't let me win :( .

I bet he's hiding on Dagobah with Yoda, playing Sabac or something :?: Does anybody know where Dagobah is located? I seem to have lost a planet 8O .

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

If your asking where Dagobah is in the game, it doesnt exist in the game. Its a place in the game that you cant simply "take over" due to its importance. The only one who can go there is Luke, and only the AI can send him there. The other place like that is Jabbas Palace, where Han, Luke, and Leia can go (only through the AI), but you cant physically send forces there.

My Website

I thought Jabba's palace was on Tatooine. If it wasn't then i've been labouring under a false illusion for years :( Although that would mean that you could send forces to tat. but not specifically to his palace.
I've just remembered i've got a signature!

Exactly. Even if the Rebellion takes control of Tatooine in the game, Han can still be captured by bounty hunters and taken to Jabba's Palace, which of course is on Tatooine. The status of Tatooine (Rebel held, Imperial held, neutral, uncolonized, or blown up) has nothing to do with Jabbas Palace.

My Website

Darth_Rob wrote:

If your asking where Dagobah is in the game, it doesnt exist in the game. Its a place in the game that you cant simply "take over" due to its importance. The only one who can go there is Luke, and only the AI can send him there.

It was a rhetorical question.