Success of Assassinations vs Abductions...?

Darth_Gonzo

Question

here's the situation:

I have a team of Espionage/Combat characters (Noval Garaint, Niles Ferrier, Labansat, etc) and a couple Leadership characters (Grammel, Screed, Grif, etc) who are doing hits on rebellious infidels who have not accepted the glory of the true Galactic Empire. I try assassinating them, and alot of times I succeed either first try or a couple.

Every once in awhile I will have trouble executing Chewie (or Han or Madine or even Dodonna sometimes, scum is all the same, lol) and it just won't friggin work. What happens is I injure them and eventually I get tired of trying and I just have to abduct them, which ofcourse goes off without a hitch the first time. As an aside, I once was trying to liquidate a character and it failed, so I tried to abduct him and he was killed by accident.

Anyway, what governs your chance to successfully pull off an assassination versus an abduction? I checked the lucasarts page on Rebellion and they list the chances of each as the same (something like combat rating of target minus combat of mission personnel) so what gives?

"I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It gives you strength." - Nothing happens to Palpatine without him wanting it to...except getting thrown down that shaft ofcourse. Let's hear it for the Empire.

12 answers to this question

Sounds like all the guys you tried to abduct got hurt first during assasination attemps... that for one gives... hury characters are mcuh easier to abduct... orfinish assasinating :lol: :lol:. As for Han he's a major character and can't be assasinated.. I don't think Chewie can be either.

I never bother with assassination missions. I just abduct the bums and send them off to my spice-mining prison complex-some God-forsaken rock in the Outer Rim, chock full of dark troopers and TIEs!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

so basically, the only factor is that Major characters cannot be assassinated?

I dunno, I just seem to remember having trouble in one game whacking Mazer Rackus (the twi'lek rebel) and he just wouldn't die! Sometimes, I load up on like 3-5 characters sometimes trying to finish them off when they're injured, could I try lowering the number?

Then again, it's not like they get foiled, it just says, "The mission to assassinate X rebel scum has failed."

d'oh 8O

"I can feel your anger. It gives you focus. It gives you strength." - Nothing happens to Palpatine without him wanting it to...except getting thrown down that shaft ofcourse. Let's hear it for the Empire.

• SWR Staff - Executive
They can be injured by an assassination, but they cannot be killed.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

For clarification when Evaders says they can be injuried but not killed by an assassination Evaders is referring to Major characters as minor characters can of course be clicked by assassination attemps :lol: .

Its just too much work sometimes to assassinate Rebels. I just abduct. Occassionally, you'll get lucky and the character will die during an abduction mission. I was playing as the Rebels one time, and Han Solo must have killed 5 characters in that way. I laughed.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

As has been mentioned by Darth_Tex before, you might want to just capture them and use them to your advantage. If you put them on some world of yours with minimal garrison and let them escape, then check the personel finder, they'll run to the last world that they were on that is controlled by their faction... Or something like that. I find this works fairly well for finding Rebel strongholds. Say hello to my little friend, Rebels- his name is The Death Star!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away