problems installing on xp

redwing605

Question

when I go to install rebellion on my computer I get the messege setup is unable to decompress and copy all of the program files needed to proceed with the installation.

how do I fix this problem.

4 answers to this question

Not sure... I didn't have that problem installing it on an XP comp...but then again that XP comp locked up everytime I tried to play multiplayer over network so... :cry: . I think someone said try using Win95 Compadibility mode for a similiar problem regarding XP and SW Rebellion so hope that helps... and you know how to use it. No clue here :P .

It most likely is a conflict local to your computer. My Rebellion runs flawlessly on XP, no compatibility mode needed... yet I know people who have strugged to get it to work (but all have suceeded). Try booting up with no extra programs running (Start>Run>msconfig... if you need help with this part, holler). It should boot up clean and you can figure out if it is a software issue. Make sure to CTRL+ALT+DEL and remove any extra unecessary programs that msconfig didn't get. If you have spyware or something, make sure you get AdWare and get rid of it. If it still doesn't work, it might be a hardware issue, although with that error message it is unlikely. Just try to install/run it bare bones. If it is a "burned" version, then that could be the cause, but yours seems to be an actual version so that shouldn't be the cause.