Fellow Gamer needs help...

Maffuu

Hi I am a HUGE lover of Supremacy have been for years and recently after moving house I found my supremacy cd and thought "dang hell I need to throw that on and send mon mothma on a diplomacy mission to corruscant... but my cd has been scratch and cracked and now I can only install a minimum version of the game and play as the empire.. for about 30 minutes before a battle ensues and it gets killed... can anyone... ANYONE give me some help getting the games files that wont copy off the cd? I've tried buying it from lucasarts and other online retailers and I have been unable to acquire a copy and I dont trust ebay... just someone with broadband and msn would make me soooo soo happy I am adding links to me holding my original cd today

http://www.imagine8withus.com/frontcd.jpg

http://www.imagine8withus.com/backcd.jpg

You realize that Ebay does indeed deliver. If you make sure the person you are buying from has paypal, and a high satisfaction rating then you will get the CD.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Wish I could help yah man, But my copy of the game has been MIA for quite some time, and I too have had problems finding a new copy.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

I would suggest you do it hte easy way and go through LucasArts. When you order, make it for two copies. When I got my copy of the game (the second time, after my first copy was sucked into my CD rom and scratched to hell) I also got a second boxed copy. So I now have one that I use and a second that is currently still in a sealed box... or you could just buy two copies off of Ebay.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I highly recommend ebay. I have used it since 2002, and have never, ever had a problem. I buy and sell, so I've worked both sides of the site, and I have never lost faith in it. And I have seen Rebellion on there frequently.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

IF it's not Illegal, mabye I can somehow give you the files from my Computer, the only problem is I have Star Wars: Rebellion, and you have Star Wars: Supremacy. But I do have MSN.

But I will NOT do it if it's Illegal, the only reason why I'm suggesting it, is becuse I don't know if it's Illegal or not.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

Hmmmm.... I think you would be walking a fine line Kaja, but you should be fine. While you would be sending him files ripped from your disc, you would not be sending him the whole game, just the files he needs to play the game with a damaged disc. You should be fine there.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Yeah I can get most of the files off my disc... I just need someone to give me the file(s) I need to play as the rebellion. I own the game, you own the game... its not piracy so it can't be illegal and realistically who wants to buy a game they own thats just a little damaged when all I need are a few files if anyone would be willing to help me my msn addy is matthu96@hotmail.com... hit me up and we'll arrange something

somehow I doubt there is still a line with a game as old and as unnoticed as Supremacy/Rebellion... lucasarts is hardly going to care about one a few guys swapping game files they all own so as to be able to play a game... Im not talking about getting a working copy and creating a legion of game cds to sell at a market, I'm talking about getting whats rightfully mine in the first place.. the contents of the cd are the same across the board.. mine just wont come off the cd... if you needed drivers for a piece of hardware and your original driver cd was missing.. it isnt illegal to download new drivers... almost technically the same thing

Well, there is the matter of the drivers being free in the first place...

However, if you were to mail your CD to LucasArts they should still honour their agreement to replace it. I would contact their customer service department first however.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.