Jacen_Fel

Losing Vader to a lone Infiltrator classifies as:  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Losing Vader to a lone Infiltrator classifies as:

• Impossible! You were robbed!
    • Incredibly Un-realistic!
    • A good reason to shed some tears
    • Perfectly reasonable and expected

Just curious what sort of bad circumstances people have had happen in the same game. In one multiplayer game I started with -6 maintenance (as Empire mind you!) and furthermore had Darth Vader captured while on a Diplomacy mission by an enemy infiltrators(by itself!) granted it took him ten tries apparently... but still Vader captured by an infiltrator? Gimmie a break... I also managed to lose an Imperial and Victory class Star Destroyer to Sabotage missions while they were over Coruscant... still not sure how that was pulled off since it was well guarded, ah well. So anyone else got worse/similiar stories?

I was playing the computer one time as the empire maximum difficulty, and the rebels had Yago Minor Ghorman in the Sesswenna sector. About 150 days in I had Corfai and the other planets, when all of a sudden a natural disaster occurs on Corfai, destroying the 4 mines, 6 refineries, the orbital shipyards I had there and so on. So then about 15 days later the rebels invade corfai, I lose all of the sesswenna sector, and Palpatine gets captured on Sviveren(sp). Then because I lose so many resources the AI scraps my Star destroyer at Coruscant, and half of the fighters there. I still won mind you, but it kind of pissed me off... Fucking natural disasters.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I very rarely get hit with natural disasters. But they can really hurt, if it's a system with a ton of facilities that you rely on. I hate it when it happens on a construction yard world.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Now Natural disasters wouldn't be so bad if you could 'make' them happen on the other player. Then they would be a lot of fun. Make a new type of mission for it or something XD. World Devastator related thing I suppose.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I just hat these things, mostly that they happened only after about 1000 days, and after so many days I never read the messages about resources. So suddenly I see my maintenance cost fall a few 100 down, and don’t know what happened. The worst is that after you can't build it back. So usually, I leave the planet to the Reb (because I always play with the IMPs) :twisted: