Increasing Difficulty

Zagadka

UltimatelyDemise

When I do this setup the rebel HQ remains hidden...

I make each system 'colonized' and 'high importance'...

Works great. The only problem is that you can't change the setting for Sumitra.

Really? When I did it, the Reb HQ kept showing up. :(

Have you ever tried changing each system in Sumitra, instead of doing it by sector? I think I was able to colonize each system seperately, but I don't think you can change the importance.

Also, I remember that quote from Solo, but I have to disagree with it as well. It's never that cut and dry. The Empire would have built a super-weapon, I suppose, but not everyone is going to be Force-sensitive like Luke and get a lucky shot off. Besides, the Rebellion had the plans to the Death Star, while I doubt the Vong could have stolen (received) the plans for any super-weapon.

On another note, the Death Star wasn't built specifically to combat the Rebellion. It was built to "Rule by Fear", with entire star systems falling into line under threat of planetary destruction. If the Empire had wanted to build a "Vong-only" super weapon, I think they could have come up with something with less flaws.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

i believe that the Empire's first few tries would have been a slaughter(empire loses) and the emperor's force predictions would've been useless. So you never know. THe rebels did quite horibly the first few times...
The Force is one and all

Interesting that Lucas never had the idea to use mass destruction weapons like gases or viruses. Biological warfare is (sadly) a very effective solution. Whole planets could be infected, and quarantined. And is billion times cheaper as a DS, or other super weapons.

Biological weapons use came up in "Shadows of the Empire" if you remember. Vader had a biological weapon plant that went bad and thus had to destroy much of the Falleen home world including Xisor's family, which is why Xisor hated Vader so much.-GM Conway

Guess, the games engine is not designed for such extras...

But it would be enough to infect the agents only. Similar to assasination missions. So the person would have a chance to recover, when we send him to a hospital ship/research center...or something like that. I don't know..