New Idea (Farfetched)

Aenivae_Ikeda

Wouldn't it kick ass if in battle you could send troop carriers to ships that have been disabled and board the ship, thus enabling you to capture them? And then the AI could do the same thing so you'd want to preserve your ships and keep troops on every one that you can. I just think it would be cool.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

• SWR Staff - Executive
Is this an idea for a Rebellion sequel? Because that obviously isn't supported in Rebellion :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Yeah it would be cool. And forgive me if I am ignorant here but is someone currently developing a Rebellion 2? The question you asked Evaders just made me wonder if there is one and I just haven't heard >.O
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

• SWR Staff - Executive

LucasArts isn't, that we know of.

There have been some attempts at a fan-supported 'Rebellion 2' but so far few results.

As this is an idea, it's being moved to the ideas forum.

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

My bad, I'll be sure to post under the appropriate board from here on.

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely agree with Aenivae_Ikeda that's very star wars just remember the tantiveIV in ep 4 ww all know the empire is always after new prisoners for interrogation and torture lolololol.

I have some suggestions as well:

- First, i hate that once we recall all fighters to hangar bays they are no longer are available until the battle is finished, i give you all an example, although TIE Bombers are sluggish and bla bla they are the only bombers we have at low cost (TIE Defenders are very good but very expensive and i only use them on Elite fleets) and like i said i can't hold them in the hangars until my TIEs send doom to rebel fighters so they're are quicly disposed of by the rebels, imagine the possibilitys

- Second, if we have more than one TIE model in the same hangar, lets say imperial standard TIE complement (one bomber squad, two interceptor squads and three fighter squads), and if the coming battle does not justifies the use of bombers and since because of their vulnerability, we decide to hold in the hangar all the other models also stay in the hangar, yes yes i've seen it, it hapenned to me lucky me that the rebel force was insignificant

- Third, i think we should have more characters both imperials and rebels alike, and little details like vader being able to attain all three ranks should be vanquish since he is a special figure in the empire and doesn't belong to imperial hierarchy he should influence all branchs instead in battle or not as well as palpy (like he did on Endor)

- fourth, its rediculous that the death star has only 24 fighter squads and 18 troop regiments 8 (the double of the Executor capability) and i also think that we would be abble to build the Second Death Star and benefict from its improvements over the older model

- fifth, starships proportions are a little bit silly

- sixth, it would be wonderful to deal planetary assaults like the tactical mode but Empire at War is taking care of this detail lololololol

these are only a few suggestions that i would like you to consider.

Untile nex time MAY THE DARK SIDE BE WITH YOU

"and i also think that we would be abble to build the Second Death Star and benefict from its improvements over the older model"

I believe that the Death Star available in Rebellion is in fact the same model as Death Star II. The best reasoning of this is the superlaser. The first superalser model could only fire on a planet. The targeting systems or whatever were not designed to fire on capital starships. But as we see in ROJ, the Death Star II does fire on rebel capital ships, like in Rebellion. If anything, I think the Death Star in Rebellion should have turbolaser capabilites (like a capital starship). That would rock. But I also agree that a mobile station of the Death Star's magnitude should have a larger compliment of troops and fighters.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Guest JediIgor
"and i also think that we would be abble to build the Second Death Star and benefict from its improvements over the older model"

I believe that the Death Star available in Rebellion is in fact the same model as Death Star II. The best reasoning of this is the superlaser. The first superalser model could only fire on a planet. The targeting systems or whatever were not designed to fire on capital starships. But as we see in ROJ, the Death Star II does fire on rebel capital ships, like in Rebellion. If anything, I think the Death Star in Rebellion should have turbolaser capabilites (like a capital starship). That would rock. But I also agree that a mobile station of the Death Star's magnitude should have a larger compliment of troops and fighters.

The second Death Star had proper exhaust port shielding. The one you build in Rebellion doesn't. Plus in the Battle of Yavin there weren't any rebel capital ships ;).

Cool idea though.

Yes friend, i dare to say they mix both death stars so that we would benefict from the superlaser. Even though i like the idea of having the death star's turbolasers joining the fun i must remind you that the rebel fleet carefuly avoided the second death star's defenses, only rebel fighters went agaist them in order to enter the superstructure plus it could unbalance the game.

Now now friend "The second Death Star had proper exhaust port shielding"???? i could misunderstood you but the second death star's had no exhaust port as you certainly know it's reactor was vulnerable to attack only in construction period and if finished, all entrances would have been sealed making it invulnerable since chief engineer Bevel learned from first death star's vulnerability and with a little help from palpy..... lolololol :twisted:

To clarify what I am was stating earlier. According to "Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels", the second Death Star had some modifications. The superlaser was finetuned so that A. the recharge rate jumped from several hours to several minutes, and B. the superlaser's accuracy was increased to be able to target capital starships. Also, there was no exhaust port. Instead, they were replaced by millimeter-long heat dispersion ducts.

And on a different note, I know that Imperial designer Bevel L. designed the Death Star. But of course, Lucas did not do his homework. In AOTC, the Genonosian ruler hands the Death Star design specs to Dooku. Just another case of conflicting storyline.

My Website

You are correct to pinpoint that lack of homework on AOTC, its one of many things, not only in the movies, that realy irritates me, i'll take the example of (dont' GET ME WRONGGGGG) KOTOR its very cool bla bla but is a "blasphemy" to star wars chronology like the title of Darth plus we have an amazing display of technology which almost almost rivals that of the galatic civil war and so forth.

It's called Tech Stagnation. According to Lucas the Star Wars Universe's technology hasn't really changed in thousands of years.

KOTOR finally explained the Mandalorian Culture though. Think Samurai.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

KOTOR finally explained the Mandalorian Culture though. Think Samurai.

I haven't played Kotor, but I have always thought the Madalorian would be more ... Spartan?

Commander to the MAndalorian: Don't we need walls and defenses?

Mandalorian: WE are the walls.

:P:D

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

• SWR Staff - Executive

Spartan, definitely that would be the role they play

I don't see the issue with the 'Darth' title. There is still the rule of two since Darth Bane, a master and an apprentice. Can you explain the problem here?

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

I was disappointed that Lucas never went into the whole Mandalorian thing. I was under the impression (before the prequels) that they were a band of skilled mercenaries that were hired by the Empire to help hunt down the Jedi. I guess I was misinformed :(

My Website

"Though the Mandalorian supercommandos were wiped out by the Jedi Knights, Jango was one of the few left to still wear the armor." And Latter Boba Fett, "Fett dresses in fearsome armor of Mandalorian design. The battle-scarred suit's design heritage can be traced back 4,000 years, when clans of Mandalores fought against the Jedi during the Great Sith War".

Next, about the "Darth" tittle, Darth Bane and the brotherhood of darkness apeared two thousand years before the battle of yavin while KOTOR takes place four millenia before the battle of yavin "Four millennia before the Sith would eventually subvert the Galactic Republic into a New Order, the galaxy was still reeling from the last great Sith uprising. Licking its wounds from the Great Sith War, the Republic again found itself on the defensive as Mandalorian raiders attacked from the Outer Rim. " and as we know it was Darth Bane o edicted the rule of two as well as the tittle Darth so KOTOR's DARTH Malak, DARTH Revan, DARTH Nihilus, Darth Sion and so forth, are a little bit misplaced here, to say the least.

As for the "TECH STAGNATION" i find it amuzing and paradoxial, if we see the Sith era's comics everytings fine yes until KOTOR where we are throwned with spectacular Tech, and as i pointed earlier Kotor takes place 4 millennia before Ep 4, after that two thousand years latter, we have the brotherhood of darkness and if we see those comics the tech is once again simpler, am i being clear?? Concluding we have raw tech, advanced tech, and again simpler but a little bit advanced tech until the prequels where we have the state of the art of tech.

NOTE: I loved this one "George Lucas Lives for conflicting storlines" it says all lololololololol

• SWR Staff - Executive

I don't see the displacement...

1) Well obviously there isn't a major group of Mandalorians shown when Jango was alive. It can be assumed this is true, I see no conflict here.

With Boba, again no problem. The Mandalores did side with the Sith and fought against the Jedi.

2) Well Darth is just a title. Again, we see people that claim the 'Dark Lord of the Sith' mantle, and some that are obviously still dark side that don't. I don't really see the conflict here either. The idea is still that the master teaches the apprentice until the apprentice can take the title from the master. Its a tradition that Darth Bane would keep as he did the rule of two.

3) You consider the dark ages humanity has gone through, I don't think its that's surprising. Various technological ages, its pretty apparent that things were lost and "rediscovered" through the ages.

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

1- Concerning the Mandalores i didn't said there were any displacement anyway lolol, i only put some info there that's all lololol

2- Forget the The master and apprentice issue i'm trying to show that the tittle Darth appeared with Bane, but now, affter reading your comment, i must say you gave me something to think, as you see the Darth tittle as simply as a tittle that many claim, like the "Dark Lord of the Sith" KOTOR's designers could think the same way you do, but it was avoidable i think.

3- I only wished you were right but i think you put it in a very simpler way, see the comics, movies and KOTOR and then tell me if KOTOR's tech is not a little bit oversized in comparisson to the rest

Note: yes i put it in those terms (dark ages humanity has gone through) so that it woulb be more simple to point my meaning lolololol

Good, please continue friend i longed to be among star wars veterans lololol realy i'm very thrilled! :)

• SWR Staff - Executive
Technical innovation is driven through warfare. When the Republic is peaceful and stable, it looks clean and shiny on the surface. But beneath is a rotting corruption that allows the Sith to triumph against the Jedi

Evaders99

The cake is a lie.

Guest JediIgor

I was really pissed about KOTOR"s plot as well at first. But then I learned to live with it. History is lost and rewritten, so what may have happened then may never be remembered again 4000 years later. Even now we don't know everything that happened in 2000 BC (heck we even have problems a few 100 years ago), so it's no surprise that they have problems keeping track of everything that is happening in the galaxy of millions of planets.

By the way, didn't eville tell you all that the "two sith" thing was a ruse to keep all the Jedi tricked? Heh.

The Mandalorian stuff was dropped during ESB filiming and was forgotten, Lucas never intended to drag massive amounts of Mandalorians into the prequels.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Wow I just realized people were posting on this thread... So how does a thread about raiding ships turn into one about Mandalorians and Darth Bane?