A late birthday present?

pparis17

Hello all! Yesturday was my 20th Birthday. I've been following this site for almost a year and a half now and have always enjoyed coming here. Star

Wars Rebellion has been one of my most favorite games and still is which is why I am literally crawling out of my skin at the continued wait of Rebellion Reloaded! Maybe as a late birthday present you guys could give me somthing on it or at least tell me if it's just never going to happen so that I won't continue to go insane and start drinking heavily on my 21st birthday because of hoping for somthing that never came. LOL.

Your Friend,

Paul Paris

Gentlemen, behold my latest invention, the Rabbot! -- Dr. Weird

Happy birthday dude!

Reloaded will happen. The looooong wait has been for a multitude of reasons, chiefly when the original project was proposed it was to be a TOTAL conversion; ie: not simply a mod. That means replacing everything you experiance ingame. Thats like err... several thousand dlls, pull-up menus, GUI, etc, not just the characters, ships, troops, etc. A big job.

Well the good news is a vast chunk of everything has been done, the models are done, and well; Mask and his team have done a wonderful job. The wav files are almost done as well.

The time element has got a little out of hand I agree, but if you want to grasp exactly how much needed replacing, open up the game files with resource hacker and your see what I mean....

And when I say WILL happen I mean it. Years of work have gone in to it now, no one involved is going to simply shrugg away all that effort are they?

...but buy a six pack in the mean time... :wink:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Happy B-day mang.

As for reloaded, while you wait for it, do what the rest of us do. Mod the living hell out of the game with RebEd.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Yeah I'm shitting bricks waiting for it, I really wish I had been here when it was started, I would have pumped out concept designs like a woman in arkansas pumps out babies... But I wasn't :( But I'm still getting hyped up waiting for it, and now I won't be able to sleep due to my blood flowing er... wherever it flows when you're hyper..>.>
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Happy birthday mate! :D !

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Wait is Rebellion reloaded going to be a game you download or a game you buy at a store. If it is the second one then will it be for PC?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Heh, it's a total conversion so it will be for download, the same as if you were going to download an already existing TC from the site.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

So it's like a gigantic addition to SW Rebellion.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Which sucks ass because RebEd suddenly decided to stop working >.< Gah! Oh well, I will get it working, or damned shall be I bwahahahahahahahahahahaha....

Sorry it took so long to reply guys, my avatar is from the halo 2 forums at bungie.net :)
Give me a tall ship and a star to steer her by!
Gentlemen, behold my latest invention, the Rabbot! -- Dr. Weird