British

ImperialJoe985

Hi and welcome to the forums!!! :D

I suggest you look on ebay or in second hand shops.

Don't forget that in britain the name is Supremacy and not rebellion :wink:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

:arrow:Antonius delete your reply ! This type of actions is not supported by SWR. PM them if you want.

:arrow: ....acus o sa iti sara administratorul in cap ...loll....stai sa vezi ;)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

As Cain said, we don't endorse or support piracy on this site. Please remove any comments containing such material.

If you want the game, you can either try eBay - which can have it really cheap, last time I looked they some had it for around $5.

Or, you can try LucasArts directly.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Guest JediIgor

If you want the game, you can either try eBay - which can have it really cheap, last time I looked they some had it for around $5.

Or, you can try LucasArts directly.

Ebay is your best bet, I went on there a month ago and found 3-4 copies floating around. Needless to say I went a little crazy and bought a mint-sealed brand new copy of Star Wars Rebellion for $30. :D

(opened ones will probably be far cheaper!)

:arrow: Antonius delete your reply ! This type of actions is not supported by SWR. PM them if you want.
As Cain said, we don't endorse or support piracy on this site. Please remove any comments containing such material.

Hey, guys, shouldn't this be left to the Moderators and Admin?

You can't expect the Moderators to do everything. And for simply modifying a post its easier to ask somebody to directly without passing by the Admins.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I think people need to chill on the word "piracy" Let's face it, it's been 6 years since the game came out and after all this time don't you think it's time to tone down the stance taken when it comes to this game. You can't find it in the stores anymore, and let's be truthful, even someone selling it on Ebay, isn't that in itself a form of piracy? Afterall, you're not getting it thru the "official" way it was meant to be gotten, which these days that would be Lucasarts.com altho I haven't checked in awhile but I assume they are still offering it. Last I saw it was $30 from the lucasarts site.

It seems to me that the gaming world in general likes to throw out the wourd "pirate" a lot. What is it called when you buy a book from a store, read it, and give it to your friend to read without paying for it? Isn't that the same thing? Yet no one seems to think twice about that. It just seems to me that after all this time if someone can help another person get this great game when it can be so hard to obtain these days then what is the real harm? By the way, if you have a CD writer you can create a copy of this game and then give it out to as many people as you wish. I made a copy and keep it as a backup incase my original disk wears out on me. If I wanted to I could create many of them and then sell them on Ebay for a tidy little profit. Hmmmm, not a bad idea huh? :lol: Just kidding guys. 8)

Play For Fun......Play To Win......Play With Honor

Well, by that token could go out and take any copyrighted or patented product, produce my own, and sell it. While you can't go out to your local Computer Store and pick up a copy, you can buy it directly from LucasArts. The game is still under copyright, and as such, and unauthorized reproduction of the game is illegal. Feel free to make a copy for yourself as a backup, that is well within your rights, but to duplicate it to make a profit, or even to distribute duplicated copies of the game to any one who has not paid for it through LucasArts in some manner is illegal.

You see, when you buy a game, you are essentially buying the rights to use that game disk. You are authorized to take measures that ensure that, should something happen to the original, you are still able to enjoy the data contained therein, and thus are permitted to make a copy. This is also why you can lend your original game disk to a friend, and why some companies are able to rent these games (you could technically rent your original copy out to your friends). This is also why you can re-sell your game on Ebay. You are essentially transferring your rights to that disk to another consumer, although whoever buys it won't be covered under any warranty.

The above also explaines why your book analogy is off. You have purchaised the rights to that particular book. You may read it in any manner you see fit, and you may share it with your friends. You may not, nowever, duplicate the book in any form without permission from the publisher and/or the author (you may quote it though).

One has to remember that games are the intillectual property of their creators. By illegally duplicating them you are violating their creators property rights,. The instant those rights are allowed to be waved, all ofthe content within the game is then free game.

As I said before, you can make copies of this game, so long as you are using them for backup purposes only, and have no intent of selling or distributing them in any way. Making copies and selling them on Ebay however... well, I can assure you that you would be getting a nice letter from LucasFilm, parent company of LucasArts.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Here's food for thought.

Part of the 'agreement' installing the game onto your HD is that you don't reverese engineer the game to obtain it's source code. With the source code the programmers could do all the stuff we have always wanted out of the game; larger galaxy, more options, no natural bloody disaster, more characters, more system options etc.

Why has none of you given it a go? Respect to Lucas Film for being the money grabbing fiends they are, or inability to do so? One of you must be able to this reverse engineering-lark with Rebellion, laughing defiantly in the face of meaningless agreements no one reads, or has much repect for in any case given how neglected Rebellion has been over the years, and yet quite obviously still has massive appeal. So one of you of you bright sparks do the favor and obtain the source code.*

*Of course Jahled is not endorsing anything illegal, so all this just might be a far out, typical, story associated with a wierd image, ultimately contributing to nothing (as per normal)

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Here's food for thought.

Part of the 'agreement' installing the game onto your HD is that you don't reverese engineer the game to obtain it's source code. With the source code the programmers could do all the stuff we have always wanted out of the game; larger galaxy, more options, no natural bloody disaster, more characters, more system options etc.

Why has none of you given it a go? Respect to Lucas Film for being the money grabbing fiends they are, or inability to do so? One of you must be able to this reverse engineering-lark with Rebellion, laughing defiantly in the face of meaningless agreements no one reads, or has much repect for in any case given how neglected Rebellion has been over the years, and yet quite obviously still has massive appeal. So one of you of you bright sparks do the favor and obtain the source code.*

*Of course Jahled is not endorsing anything illegal, so all this just might be a far out, typical, story associated with a wierd image, ultimately contributing to nothing (as per normal)

:lol: You always know how to make me laugh, even when I'm drinking scawlding hot coffee and spill it in my lap. :lol: Actually, sometime back (about a year), didn't we all go on a huge campaign to gain the source code? For instance, I remember you e-mailed a few blokes concerning all that...but then I disappeared from the forums. I assume nothing very fruitful came from that? :?

Yeah I agree with Jahled, I'm tired of playing the game the same old way, besides it's not like Lucas Arts is going to redo Rebellion, I mean Empire At War is coming. That is Lucas Arts solution to all of the Rebellion fanatics out there. They want to go out of their way and make a completely new game just to show how powerful they are, just to buy off all of the Rebellion stuff so they won't have to redo it or anything.

That probably makes little sense, since I'm on the borderline of sleep right now, and so I'm not completely sure if all of the above makes sense... Best to ignore it... >>

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"