Sorry, hate to bother everybody, but I gotta know.

dulljackieboy

I honestly didn't know anybody still played Rebellion. I thought I was the only one left. It's not that I'm not online, I just assumed everybody hated it. Anyway, I'm under the impression that back when I was playing (I quit a while back) and keep in mind, this is the plain-'ol unmodded 1998 release, that I may had something of a record for beating the game. Now I realize that that can't possibly be the case. Playing as the Rebs, with largest galaxy/expert difficulty, I was regularly winning in the 190 to 200 day range. Is that the least bit impressive to anybody? Or is that normal with enough playing time? It's not exactly anything to be proud of, I know. Please don't think of me as an ass for asking, though you're fully entitled to. I just gotta know.

Playing the unmodded game that sort of record isn't all that uncommon around here. I've done it a few times but it kind of took the fun out of the game until I got my hands on RebEd, then the game was better then ever.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

:arrow: Try a mod :) if you like to explore or try the A'N scenarios and see if you win so fast there.

:arrow: The A'N scenarios are savegames so you can put them there without RebEd :)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

What I'd really be interested in is a mod that keeps the original units of the game intact but starts the sides up on a footing more accurate to the films. That is to say, each side should have LOTS more ships, especially the Imps, and for that matter, LOTS more wealth and influence in the core systems (for the Imps). Something to force me to stay in the Rim for a while. Additionally, the Imps should have their full spread of operatives from the beginning, at least the military people. Rebs should have a few more themselves, though not as many as the Imps. And has anyone been successful in stopping the Imp AI from doing recon in the core systems? That's a totally unnecessary drain on its production capabilities that really cuts out the fun in beating them. Oh, and this is something I'm sure has been discussed to no end here, but where in the blue fuck is Boba Fett? I know the Imps have an generic armored Bounty Hunter character--why not the real thing? It's stupid!

ARGH,

Why do people always wan't more ships? Sadly, you can't, Hardcoded into the game, *Glares at George Lucas* IF we had the source code, We Probably would be able to add more stuff!!!

You can add Boba Fett, But you have to replace an old Character.

You can say whatever you wan't on these forums, But PLEASE, PLEASE, Don't Say the F word, I don't like it, It discomferts me.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good question. I could learn that.

Personaly, I prefer long games. I remember my best game, it took me 5000 days,but it was sweet.

In the inmortal words of an old Klingon proverb:

"Revenge is a disg best serv cold. It's very cold in space."

"May the force be with the pizza guy. I want it in less that 30 mins or less."

You can kill me later, thank you.

I want you to join KoC.

It's faster to beat the game as Rebs, as you know where the enemy HQ is. Also the computer is dumb enough that it will leave palpy there so with a strong fleet and a enough troops and personnel you can capture coruscant.

You might need luck to find Vader, but that's it. Chewie, Han and a few Infiltrators will do the trick, especially on a blockaded planet.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

My longest... 11,000 days :roll:

ahh, my Empire, I had Killed or captured all Rebel Major, and Minor Characters.

All that was left was the HQ... Trapped on Bakura.

M :lol: u :lol: h :lol: a :lol: h :lol: a :lol:....

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

Mty fastest was 113 days, as the imps. I found the HQ in orbit of Ryloth thanks to a lucky espionage mission, and snagged the HQ with Mothma on it. Luke fell with Corellia when I captured the planet.

Game. Set. Match.

Longest..... a little over 14 thousand days. Had a bloody lockdown on all fronts, with the rebs and I just pounding at each other without end. Neitherside could break the other. But then again, thats what I get for setting all construction/maint costs to 1/1!!!!

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My longest... 11,000 days

ahh, my Empire, I had Killed or captured all Rebel Major, and Minor Characters.

All that was left was the HQ... Trapped on Bakura.

This is quite cool. Especially since you can't kill tha major characters

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

• 2 weeks later...