How do I download cards using the Reb Ed?

provist

I have looked at some of the cards and I really think they are really awsome. Could someone please tell me how I can get those cards downloaded onto my Hd proparly so that I can modify my characters inside rebellion?

Sure. Just click on the links for each card in the database here. That should open up a windows dialoge so you can choose to save the file or open it. Select 'save', and put it someplace where you won't lose it on your HD. Let's say you've downloaded a minor character card (minor characters being those characters other than the 'big four' for the Rebels and Darth and Palpy for the Empire). Now, start RebEd, and select "Minor Characters". A new window will open, allowing you to view the 'cards' for each character. Select one you want to replace, and click the "load card" button. Navigate to where you saved the downloaded card, and click "Load". Viola! You might get a "string truncated: too long!" message, which means the name and/or the description is too long, but that can be fixed later with ResHack (a whole 'nuther beastie, there!). But for the time being, that's how you load a card.

Any questions? :D

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I tried to change the 3d image to the card that i imported, but I had a little bit of trouble with it. I am not exactly sure how to do it, I downloaded the porgrams but then I am absolutely stumped on how to use them. In the tutorials I read, it said that I needed to create the 3d images with a 3d imaging program. Is this true?

I tried to change the 3d image to the card that i imported, but I had a little bit of trouble with it. I am not exactly sure how to do it, I downloaded the porgrams but then I am absolutely stumped on how to use them. In the tutorials I read, it said that I needed to create the 3d images with a 3d imaging program. Is this true?

Those programs are for creating your own model...from scratch. Now, despite my best efforts, this remains a task well beyond my skills. If you're dead-set on creating one though, by all means knock yourself out. But, if all you want to do is replace a model (say, with a few of the excellent ones from this site) then it gets much easier. In fact, it's actually easier than replacing a card when you consider all the text editing and so forth. Just read through the whole tutorial, paying special attention to loading a new model. Better yet, look for Mask's Model Importer Program from his site (click the link at the bottom of any of his posts) and read through the tutorial there.

Bill: Careful, or you'll turn this into an "Ideas for Rebellion 2" thread. :roll:

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics