Does Gencore's and KDY-150's really protect?

TheViking

Question

Does Gencore's and KDY-150's really protect from Espionage and sabotage missions?

One more thing...

I was playing a game the other day, on some of my planets I had good generals and as many as 10 imperial stormtroopers. Unfortunately, I did not have many capital ships in that sector, but I had 2 gencore on every planet and lots of stormtroopers....so I thought it to be fairly safe..

Boy was I proven wrong.....

My opponent sent in one singe transport ship with 4 charaters onboard, including Han.

I tried to espionage on my own planets, catch them in the act, I tried to sabotage the ship and so on...

Han and his comrades just moved from planet to planet and sabotaged all my troops, and then all my mines and refineries....there was nothing I could do....

What should I have done in a situation like this?

I Han really that good? I mean, I had 10 stormtrooper regiments and a general? ( first thing he did was kidnap the general, so i lost like 5-6 good generals in that sector)

Viking

6 answers to this question

As far as I know gencores and kdys haven't really helped me in protecting a system from espionage and sabotage, only from orbital bombardment. Did any of the people from the rebellion, including Han have the ability to use the force? In a situation like that, it seems odd that your opponent would be able to do that. Was this sector a core sector or an outer rim? Did you have enough time to bring in other ships and an interdictor cruiser to obliterate and capture the lone rebel ship? From my experience it takes quite a bit of time to destroy every storm trooper, and mine and refinery, as I play the rebellion most of the time. I have tried this before, and more often then not my opponent will send in a couple of ships to either drive me off, or destroy and capture my characters. Another thing that actually helps is to have imperial commandos on those worlds in which you don't have fighters. That is what I do from time to time to prevent the destruction of my mines and refineries in a system.

KDY-150s Do help Defend.

GEN CORE Mrk1/Mrk2 Don't.

LNR Mrk1/Mrk2 Don't.

Only the KDY-150s help, And It always helps to have Fighters, And A General, Troops, Commandos, And you should always have One Stardestroyer in each sector, for times like you're story.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

Hmmn, That would also help, And If you have a general on it... Opps, Sorry, I'm thinking like you have Infinite Resourses. You could just use Rebed... Nah, Stupid...
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

The KDY-150 will help you out. But I've also figured out that having Sullustan Regiments on the system help out a lot. They are cheap to build, their attack sucks, but they are good defensively and great for detecting espionage. I also recommend you keep a defensive ship or small fleet in the sector for just the problem you mention. An Interdictor would be ideal, but if you don't have one then you can still chase off the ship. If he's always in flight he can't stick around a system and destroy your infrastructure.

You can't teach IQ!

You can't fix stupid!

The first step to becoming immortal is to first live a life worth remembering!

a side note on this that i found by accident. i had a imp ship come and try to blockade and bombard one of my planets in a contested sector(i had some they had some i was waiting for more troops to arrive :lol: ) so i sent a fleet to stop it.the imp ship of course ra as soon as battle commenced. i took a gamble and picked what i thought was the nearest imp planet and caught the imp ship at that planet. it ran again. each time i won the battle so my rep on all planets in the sector went up. i chased it again but at this stage there was only three imp planets left at this end of the sector and it went in a circuit around these planets. i just kept following it and turned all imp planets in the sector to neutral. well with a little help from bombardment but the ones that didn't change only needed a very small garison or no garrisin at all when i assualted them so i took a sector very cheaply :lol: