Can you move construction buildings?

Wheeler

Question

I've read about building construction planets but I don't get this concept. When the energy of the planet is full, you can't build anymore buildings. Can you move these, or any other building from one planet to an other? How about mines, can they be built on one planet then sent to another? Please explane to me how this works. Thanks

6 answers to this question

Construction yards build all your other facilities, and obviously a construction yard on one of your planets can build facilities on any of your other planets, as long as there are energy sources available there. Once a facility is built on a planet it can't be moved.

You can't add energy slots on a planet. But sometimes a random event will occur and you'll get a message indicating that new energy sources have been discovered on a planet. This happens only rarely.

I think if you see reference to a construction planet it just means a planet where you've built several construction yards, so that it can turn out new facilities quickly.

There's two ways of doing that.

One is to right-click on your droid agent and select 'Build Facility' and click on the target planet. It'll automatically bring up the 'Build Facility' dialog, there you select type, amount, etc... The game will automatically look for the idle facility nearest to the target world.

The other way is to open the contruction window from the 'contruction planet' (plantet A), before opening the build dialog, right-click and select 'Destination'. The cursor will change to a cross hair. Leftclick on the target planet (planet B). In the contruction button the change will manifest itself saying something like: for example: 'Destination: Planet A', then you right-click to open the build dialog.

Once built and deployed you cannot move the facilities around. When they are still being built you can still change the destination.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Keep in mind that once construction on a new facility is complete, it still has to transit from the construction yard to the destination planet before it is deployed. If I remember correctly, the transit time is the same as it would be if the facility were delivered by a ship with an 80/80 hyperdrive.

If the destination planet is blockaded by your enemy before the new facility arrives, the facility is lost (destroyed)! :x So the closer the construction yard is to the destination planet, the better :wink: .

The build option from the construction window will tell you both the construction & deployment time for building any type of facility on a given destination planet.

i don't know about anybody else but i've found when i move into a new sector of the outer rim i normall scout it out and deploy troops to the planets to colonise them. then select a plant with largish amount of power(usually about 6) that on the closer side to a sector i already control. i then get the construction yards in the old sector to build 4 new construction yards on that planet. once the first one arrives i tell it to build me 2 gencores of the latest spec's and you got a construction planet ready to build up that sector. if it has any spare energy slots left over i build more yards to build faster :D

i know not the fanciest thing in the known galaxy but it does make things faster then waiting for facilities to arrive from elsewhere