"Let the Wookie win"

teukros

So last night I'm screwing around with the Rebs, not playing the game but just letting it run in fast forward, and a couple of Imperial ships - an ISD and a Carrack - come park themselves over Yavin. I hadn't bothered evacuating the planet and I wasn't really caring what happened to Han, Luke, Wedge, Jan, Leia and Chewie, so I sent the six of them on six individual sabotage missions up to the ISD.

Chewie blew it up on the first try. 8O Then a couple of days later he did the same thing to the Carrack.

But this is nothing compared to something that happened to me a while ago in a game I was really playing (from the Imperial side of course). Palpy was on his throne (of course) and my espionage droid on Coruscant had given me advance warning that the Wookie was en route and on an abduction mission. My big mistake was that I had Veers on Coruscant wasting his time with Troop Training research, when he could have been a General. Regardless. I had a half dozen Stormtrooper regiments, an odd number of army regiments, around ten full squadrons of T.I.E. Fighters, and a Golan Arms Defense Platform III in orbit around the planet... so Chewie somehow gets past the Golan, eludes the T.I.E.s, lands his shuttle, evades capture, sneaks into the Imperial Palace, apparently without triggering any alarms, walks right past the (Force trained) Imperial Guard, apparently with the key and code to gain access to the Throne Chamber... walks along one of those narrow catwalks to Palpy's throne... grabs him and either slings him over his shoulder or stuffs him in a sack... gets back out past the Imperial Guard (did I mention that the Guard was Force trained?) evades patrols eludes capture makes it back to his shuttle etc....

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

Guest JediIgor

Whoa 8O.

Although it was already my favorite tactic to sabotage ships parked over the planet (esp. if they had no troops)... mwahahaha!

Too bad this is totally unrealistic. Palpatine would pwnz0r Chewbacca with his Force Lightning :).

I am not surprised about Chewbacca's effort. Has anyone considered that Chewbacca is one of, if not, the oldest character in the Rebellion game? He is certainly older than Palpatine. His stats don't reflect this of course but they should. I'm not sure about the life cycle of a Wookie, but even if they don't become mature adults until 50, that still means Chewbacca has had 150 years of life experience honing his skills. Experience is priceless, it cannot be "implanted" or created.

I know the game wouldn't take into account Chewbacca's age and skills, but wouldn't it be interesting if it did?

Ewoks. They may be short but they'll bite your leg off if provoked.

When I play as a Rebel, I have found out about the great Chewbacca who can get anywhere in Imperial Space and fulfill his mission.

When an Imp I try to capture him as fast as possible (It's always easier to abduct than to kill).

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I think that at least the Empire should have the execute prisoner function mentioned above. Personally I am always happy when the rebel scum die in the attempts to abduct or when an assassination attempt works. It's so much easier than dealing with prisoners.- Grand Moff Conway

Guest JediIgor
I agree. If you can pick assassinate OR abduct in the pre-mission stage, then why can't you assassinate a character after he is abducted?

• 2 weeks later...

That's no fun. I prefer to create a fortress type of jail. 10 Dark's, 20 TIE Def's, 3 Gencores2, 2 Golan III's, 1 Ion cannon (for kicks), and last but not least, the standard planetary defense fleet compromised of 1 imp-2 for command, 2 TIE Haulers, 10 Carrack's (my fav.) and 2 Vic-2 for suport.

With this , I haven't a jailbreack since last year.

"May the force be with the pizza guy. I want it in less that 30 mins or less."

You can kill me later, thank you.

I want you to join KoC.

But you would also need to place a compitant command in charge of both your ground forces (really only need a General for that) and your defence fleet (an Admiral and a Commander). I don't usually have to worry about this too much, as I tend to simply kill every one. Luke, Leia, Han and Mon Mothma get a room at the Imperial Palace with the Emperor, Vader, Veers, fourty Darktrooper regiments, and a constant stream of agents doing espionage to ensure there are no missions in the works by the Rebellion. That, combined with a sizable fleet in orbit commanded by either Piett or Thrawn (usually the former. Too much of a baby sitting project for the best), and the fact that they're all injured to the point that they have 0 combat (and that there isn't any one left to rescue them), makes life a little easier... if I could just find that bloody base!

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Thank you for remind me about the chain of command,Admiral.

Another idea is, if one can spare a force user, giving the command to a non-primary force user. This in case a mision is atempted with a force user in it.

PS. Great sig. admiral.

"May the force be with the pizza guy. I want it in less that 30 mins or less."

You can kill me later, thank you.

I want you to join KoC.

Quite right. Force users are very capable of foiling mission teams that have another Force user in them. This is doubley good if your Force user is capable in the rest of their attributes.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

GAT, love your new Sig, but I've got a question. Who's the German commander? It's not Rommel... Guderian? Rundsted? Durnitz? (I probably misspelled all of them)

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Steller it's Donitz the U-boat Admiral and successor to Hitler as leader of Germany. I know it needs an umlout over the o but besides that I think my spelling is OK.-Grand Moff Conway

• 2 weeks later...
On the subject of holding prisioners... my tactic is just to put them in a ship with a very SLOW hyperdrive rating and send them from one extreme side of the galaxy to the other. That's what I am doing in my current game with the Emperor... I'm afraid if I try to hold him on a planet or on ship or something he'll escape since I'm pretty terrible at stuff like that.

On the subject of holding prisioners... my tactic is just to put them in a ship with a very SLOW hyperdrive rating and send them from one extreme side of the galaxy to the other. That's what I am doing in my current game with the Emperor... I'm afraid if I try to hold him on a planet or on ship or something he'll escape since I'm pretty terrible at stuff like that.

Hehe, I did that once - shoved Palpi and Darth in a damaged Medium Transport (damaged hyperdrive), and kept jumping him all over the galaxy.

In the end, I forgot to keep an eye on it, so it was orbiting a nuetral planet when an ISD dropped out of hyperspace and scrapted it :roll:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Hehe, I did that once - shoved Palpi and Darth in a damaged Medium Transport (damaged hyperdrive), and kept jumping him all over the galaxy.

In the end, I forgot to keep an eye on it, so it was orbiting a nuetral planet when an ISD dropped out of hyperspace and scrapted it :roll:

Haha yes, I'm afraid something like that will happen, so I'm sending it between two planets I have control over and feel are defended pretty well. At this point in the game, the Empire is so depleted I don't even think they have any fleets left. I've destroyed just about every one that's crossed my path.