Problem with running Rebe

greenguy

When I try to start Rebed 2.6, I get this message....

"Your DLLEntries.txt file is obsolete. Some changes won't be traced..."

If I press "OK", the message pops up again and is in a continuous loop.

Anyone know how I can get it working properly?

This is not the first time I have installed Rebed. The first time I installed it, it worked properly. I uninstalled it, reinsalled it and got this error.

RebEd does weird stuff sometimes. Right off the bat try two things...

1. Make SURE that you do not have RebEd installed anywhere else on your computer (uninstall / delete it if you do).

2. Uninstall RebEd and delete the folder it was in.

After you do both of these things reinstall RebEd and try again...

If you still have problems, you should probably uninstall Rebellion and delete the Rebellion folder and everything in it, and then reinstall it.

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

Interesting. I'm now getting a "Your textstra.dll image is not correct" error (or somesuch nonesense), and it does much the same thing. I really don't want to reload everything, though. :cry:

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I've recently discovered the importance of keeping no-dll settings-only backup .reb files on my HD just in case... :oops:

Also a good idea it is, to save every one of your cards so you can back up the encyclopedia text and/or images.

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

I've recently discovered the importance of keeping no-dll settings-only backup .reb files on my HD just in case... :oops:

A who with the what now? Backups of everything but the .dll's? :? Could you 'splain this one, bud?

Also a good idea it is, to save every one of your cards so you can back up the encyclopedia text and/or images.

Yeah, but loading that card might just get your description and name truncated, not to mention all the effort in modifying the rank titles. I've always found it best to go into ResHack and save each entry as a .txt file for a backup. Saves a bit of a heartache. But that has to be done in conjunction with the card-save in RebEd so you get your images and stats.

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Um, I think that's just when the dllentries.txt file and the entries you want to load (ie. pic numbers, that it doesn't "know" yet) don't match.

Could be wrong, though.

TF, you can save whole cathegories, like Bitmap, ... with ResHack with one command from the action menu.

It's just called Save [cathegoryname] :wink:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

Um, I think that's just when the dllentries.txt file and the entries you want to load (ie. pic numbers, that it doesn't "know" yet) don't match.

Could be wrong, though.

Yes, but in my case, when I open RebEd and, for example, select Capital Ships, the message comes up like, 40 billion times and grays out the names of all the ships. Then, in-game, the names are unchanged. :x Same thing happens for characters.

TF, you can save whole cathegories, like Bitmap, ... with ResHack with one command from the action menu.

It's just called Save [cathegoryname] :wink:

But...I...er...you mean...D'OH! :oops: So that would mean I could then load the entire category after, say, a complete reload?

Edit: WHOOT! I'm a General! Gotta love surprise promotions... :mrgreen:

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

Hmmm, meditate on Mask's wisdom, I must.

But since reinstalling Rebellion the most recent time (last week) I have kept all changes, strictly confined to RebEd changes. Haven't touched ResHack at all. The only exceptions are the MC-40a and Golan III models I loaded using the Model Importer (and the Battlestation program).

So yes Duro and Sessawenna are still misspelled and the card titles are funky and the encyclopedia entries are limited to the lengths of the original texts. But my priority is to get a stable TC that others can use in one or two player games. I can get ambitious (again) after that.

Besides I think I have done a good job of making Encyclopedia entries which fit into those cramped spaces. :D I was working on my starfighter cards' texts yesterday, I might post them to the Ootini TC thread later today.

The .reb file I was referring to was if you use RebEd to save your settings. Normally you would just accept the default of "include DLLs?" but it is a good idea to periodically NOT include the DLLs so that you have a settings only .reb file, just in case (so that if worst comes to worst, at least you won't have to spend hours re-entering and then verifying all of your settings again)

I find myself doing that a lot. :roll:

But since reinstalling Rebellion the most recent time (last week) I have kept all changes, strictly confined to RebEd changes. Haven't touched ResHack at all. The only exceptions are the MC-40a and Golan III models I loaded using the Model Importer (and the Battlestation program).

A wise decision, to be sure, but I simply have too many 'must-haves'. It takes me upwards of 3 uninterrupted hours to reload everything. New models, replacing ships, replacing characters...oi, ve.

So yes Duro and Sessawenna are still misspelled and the card titles are funky and the encyclopedia entries are limited to the lengths of the original texts. But my priority is to get a stable TC that others can use in one or two player games. I can get ambitious (again) after that.

Besides I think I have done a good job of making Encyclopedia entries which fit into those cramped spaces. :D I was working on my starfighter cards' texts yesterday, I might post them to the Ootini TC thread later today.

Yeah, that may be part of my problem. I tend to like long, in-depth descriptions rather than the short ones in the standard game.

The .reb file I was referring to was if you use RebEd to save your settings. Normally you would just accept the default of "include DLLs?" but it is a good idea to periodically NOT include the DLLs so that you have a settings only .reb file, just in case (so that if worst comes to worst, at least you won't have to spend hours re-entering and then verifying all of your settings again)

Aaah, I see! That WOULD make the process a bit easier in some instances!

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I find myself doing that a lot. :roll:

I happen to know for a fact* that Mask is mid-way though a spiritual guide about how to cope with life's problems, especially here.

A wise decision, to be sure, but I simply have too many 'must-haves'. It takes me upwards of 3 uninterrupted hours to reload everything. New models, replacing ships, replacing characters...oi, ve.

Back up your modified-rebellion folders perhaps...

*This may not be entirely true.

...Yet.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Yeah, that may be part of my problem. I tend to like long, in-depth descriptions rather than the short ones in the standard game.

I hear ya. For example, how do you rewrite

Formerly the Emperor’s right hand man and a distinguished military commander, Screed can be trusted with nearly any space battle.

into anything meaningful?

But that's a project for another day

I'll see your Screed and raise you a:

Syub Snunb - Sullustan Captain Syub Snunb commands an Alliance frigate.

'String Truncated' city... :roll:

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I happen to know for a fact* that Mask is mid-way though a spiritual guide about how to cope with life's problems, especially here.

I hear he's entitled it, "Editing Star Wars: Rebellion for Dummies: A Compilation of Every Bit of Advice I'm Tired of Repeating Endlessly in the Forums" :lol:

Back up your modified-rebellion folders perhaps...

{sigh} Yes, I suppose I should just stop being lazy and back up everything once I have it set up properly. But at that point the game is just calling for me... :roll:

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I hear he's entitled it, "Editing Star Wars: Rebellion for Dummies: A Compilation of Every Bit of Advice I'm Tired of Repeating Endlessly in the Forums" :lol:

ROFL, if I weren't so lazy/overworked/takeyourpick ... ,then I would've compiled all of this in the Questions from Newbies a long time ago.

On the other hand, I might've never reached 2k posts without writing it over and over :lol:

So, I'll quote you Richard Fish: "I repeat myself, also I'm redundant."

{sigh} Yes, I suppose I should just stop being lazy and back up everything once I have it set up properly. But at that point the game is just calling for me... :roll:
Sure, but a quick CTRL-C & CTRL-V after selecting the folder in your explorer would fit inbetween, huh ? 8)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

ROFL, if I weren't so lazy/overworked/takeyourpick ... , then I would've compiled all of this in the Questions from Newbies a long time ago.

On the other hand, I might've never reached 2k posts without writing it over and over :lol:

So, I'll quote you Richard Fish: "I repeat myself, also I'm redundant."

Ah-HA! I knew there was an ulterior motive! And you had another scheme, too! :lol:

Sure, but a quick CTRL-C & CTRL-V after selecting the folder in your explorer would fit inbetween, huh ? 8)

Well, it does NOW. :lol: But you'd be surprised how difficult it was to wait before... :roll:

BTW, I'm experimenting with simply overwriting the textstra, strategy, and tactical .dll's on my laptop with the editted ones from my desktop to circumvent the RebEd display issue I was having. We'll see how that goes. :roll:

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

I copied just about everything (including gdata) EXCEPT strategy.dll over to a laptop. The file's too honkin' big... I had concerns because the desktop's strategy.dll (though unaltered) has a recent time-stamp, dunno why. So the two machines were using strategy.dlls with totally different time-stamps, but a two-player game of Rebellion got started up without a problem.

My problem is that copying the .dll's is the only way for me to get any of my changes in on my laptop...RebEd just doesn't display properly, preventing me from loading cards and such.

-"As you wish..."

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics