energy trick

RogueLdr

Question

I have been reading everything I can get my hands on to help with this game. Two different web sites have mentioned a trick that if your out of energy you can still build fleets by setting the destination to nearby uninhabited planet. I have been building ships the whole time and have never noticed this need. I have maxed out the energy slots on all my shipyard planets but still build there. Does it take energy to build a ship? I purchased my copy of SWR from ebay and the manual is in French so I don't have the benefit of looking it up in the manual. I did buy the SWR Prima Strategy Guide which helped fill in the blanks about a lot of things but this book does not mention this enery requirment.

You can't teach IQ!

You can't fix stupid!

The first step to becoming immortal is to first live a life worth remembering!

3 answers to this question

I found this so-called tip out in the web:

Build Ships Without Losing Energy:

If you need more fleets, but your systems read low or slots are out of available energy, change the location of the construction to a neutral system (it can be inhabited or uninhabited). The ship will still have a cost in maintenaince and refined points, but it will save energy.

An example of the bad advice out there in the web. This advice isn't just lousy, it's nonsensical. For the life of me I have no idea how this person could have thought that this was a useful tip...

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

That is the exact tip I was commenting on. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why you need or want to do that. I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw it and thanks for letting me know that I'm not going crazy, it's just bad advice.

You can't teach IQ!

You can't fix stupid!

The first step to becoming immortal is to first live a life worth remembering!