MSN ZONE vs. GAMESPY ARCADE PLAY (For JediIgor)

Guest Pucho777

HOW MANY OF YOU PLAYS ONLINE @  

7 members have voted

1. 1. HOW MANY OF YOU PLAYS ONLINE @

• MSN ZONE
    • GAMESPY ARCADE
    • BOTH
    • A DIFFERENT WEBSITE
    • DON'T PLAY ONLINE

Guest Pucho777

I've noticed that it's not possible to play the game online with another player while your files have been changed by Rebed and Resource Hacker.

Is there a way of remedying this problem?

Edited by Pucho777

Guest JediIgor

I think it could work if both the people had EXACTLY the same files, :).

Also, GameSpy is probably better because you can find people who have the game (but aren't in the room). The only problem, at least for me, is that Rebellion will not work (no matter what) behind a firewall. My only hope is finding someone to play it on a LAN with. But.. tough chance of that happening.

I'm playing on LAN with my brother for a year now. IT'S THE BEST!!!! We had some problems with the new cards, and all... Yes, you have to replace the modified files on both of the computers, or it won't work. The guest will recieve a message: Error in *.dat file occured...

After replacing the files, it should work. We have now Boba Fett in multiplayer too :twisted:

Guest Pucho777
I think it could work if both the people had EXACTLY the same files, :).

Also, GameSpy is probably better because you can find people who have the game (but aren't in the room). The only problem, at least for me, is that Rebellion will not work (no matter what) behind a firewall. My only hope is finding someone to play it on a LAN with. But.. tough chance of that happening.

Hi Mr. Murashkin. :D

How are you? Upon going through some old threads of a topic last night, I came upon one of your posts mentioning your preference in GameSpy Arcade as an online gaming source. So I joined. I defenitely agree with you on preferring it over MSN's Zone for it's...everything! :lol: I am currently awaiting your authorization in order for me to add you to my 'PlayerSpy buddy list'. I received this firewall message before being able to use the program:

Proxy or Firewall Detected

GameSpy Arcade has detected that your computer's internal IP address (my internal IP address) is different than its external IP address (my external IP address). This may be caused by firewalls, a NAT proxies, or other unusual network configurations and may prevent you from hosting a game.

It mentions a problem hosting a game. Would the problem be the same with joining a game? Is there no way around the firewall problem?! The message I received also referred me to the Help section on ways of solving this problem. Have you gone through that and have still been unable to solve the problem?

How do two people play over a LAN?

Guest JediIgor

If you can play Rebellion on the Zone you can play it just fine on GameSpy. But you will not be able to host (if you have a firewall).

Maybe, one of these days I will get a modem for my computer.. then I can connect to my backup dial-up just to play Rebellion... :D

Guest Pucho777
If you can play Rebellion on the Zone you can play it just fine on GameSpy. But you will not be able to host (if you have a firewall).

Maybe, one of these days I will get a modem for my computer.. then I can connect to my backup dial-up just to play Rebellion... :D

Thanks for the clarification, Master Igor! :) One more question (perhaps more afterwards): I'm hypothesizing I won't be able to play Rebellion with anyone online with all my .DAT files, etc. changed via Rebed and Resource Hacker...correct? So, what's the most efficient way around this?

Also...if I wanted to play someone else online using a specific TC, how would I proceed? :oops:

NOTE: Pretend you're giving instructions to a 10 year old please. :oops::lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pucho777

Thanks for the clarification, Master Igor! :) One more question (perhaps more afterwards): I'm hypothesizing I won't be able to play Rebellion with anyone online with all my .DAT files, etc. changed via Rebed and Resource Hacker...correct? So, what's the most efficient way around this?

Also...if I wanted to play someone else online using a specific TC, how would I proceed? :oops:

I believe my last post on this subject was overlooked, Mr. Murashkin. Anyone with the answers will suffice, though.

Guest Pucho777

http://www.starwarsutah.com/images/lightsaber-line1.gif

I believe my last post on this subject was overlooked, Mr. Murashkin. Anyone with the answers will suffice, though.

Guest JediIgor
I haven't tried this but I hypothesize that if you do a clean install of Rebellion and then both you and the other person has exactly the same files, then you should be able to play together (providing neither of you has an icky firewall that is) :)

Guest Pucho777

http://www.starwarsutah.com/images/lightsaber-line1.gif

I haven't tried this but I hypothesize that if you do a clean install of Rebellion and then both you and the other person has exactly the same files, then you should be able to play together (providing neither of you has an icky firewall that is) :)

Thanks a bunch. I was aware of that procedure, though and was looking for a way around that particular method. Oh well...

The other question was: "If I wanted to play someone else online using a specific TC, how would I proceed?"