xbox 360 aka xbox 2

bobandrubert

While it's nice to see the console market advancing rather than stagnating for five or so years before a jump, I'm wary of buying any such systems. If you rush out and buy the system as soon as it hits the shelf, you're liable to get a buggy piece of crap (many of the first X-Boxes were recalled if I'm not mistaken, and the first few batches of the PS2 were prone to overheating). Some one told me that there were even some hardware changes between the early PS2s and the later ones, with increased performance and graphics ability, though I haven't heard anything to support that.

I'd go out and buy the "X-Box 2", but how long will it be until Microsoft comes out with something to top the PS3 and so on. What we need is a consol system that can be upgraded in every way (the original X-Box is the closest thing we've seen with additional modem and hard drives) so that instead of sending consumers out every year-and-a-half to get a new system, they can go out and upgrade their X-Box processor, video card or ram, or whatever else you want, making it more of an afordible PC. This would be especially attractive to consumers like me who want to play some of the games that are only for the consol systems, but aren't willing to shell out $600 for something that, in the long run, is disposable.

If you're looking for info on consol developement, MegaGames.com is a surprisingly informative site. They tend to pick-up alot of the info that falls through the cracks.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I had thought that there was some sort of update regarding system performance, but as I said, I could be wrong.

Hopefully with this new wave of systems the companies won't be so obsessed with getting theirs out first, but more focussed on making a quality system... but then, since when has making quality products been good business?

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

link?
I read it in a magazine

A mate of mine bought his PS2 when it first came out. He had to get it changed not long after because of technical problems. i got mine rather late and never had problems with.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

A bit off topic, I stopped at N-64, and PS-1. =o) -On topic, I plan on getting an X-Box 2 if it plays the original X-Box games; (I want Fable, among a few) and especially if they come out with some nice games for it with some SW titles.. =o)

Well, other than Battlefront, Republic Commando, and Knights of the Old Republic (I and II), you might be out of luck. Most of the new SW titles are for Game Cube (ala Rogue Squadron), but I guess you should have the RotS game to take a look at.

Most games based off of movies aren't very good due to the plot limitations. Most of the time they just take all of the "cool" aspects of the movie and make them player controled. That said, I still enjoy the odd game of Battle for Middle Earth, but it has it's limitations as well (a lot of them at that).

• 1 month later...

I've never been a fan of consoles, and this one fails to impress me. I've read the release notes and the gamespot reviews, and there's hardly anything unexpected. (Dual-Core was to be expected), even the variety of games is mediocre.

I guess now most people are hyped about it, even more after E3 but so far I can see no reason for it. I'd rather stick to a buy a good gaming pc than a silly console (cannot play SWR on XBOX).

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

One of the limitations to buying a console instead a PC is that a console you cant upgrade. A pc you can. I think that the new xbox console is coming out way too early. The PS3 and the new Nintendo system are all using storage methods that can handle more data for instance. Microsoft is hoping to make a big splash by being the first one out the door with a new system...anyone remember Sega? Sega was always ALWAYS the first one out to try to capture some of the new market and instead they always got trounced by the 'latecomers' so I think Microsoft might be jumping the gun a little early here.

Anyway, I like PC games better overall. Better controls in my opinion and usually better graphics. A PC can also do so much more. Microsoft I know is trying to make the xbox into a mini PC that can play movies and music etc...but still I would rather hold onto my pc than buy a console. I used to be a big Nintendo fanboy way way way back in the day, anyone remember the Super Nintendo? I then got a Playstation and a Nintendo 64. I then got a Nintendo Gamecube and a Ps2....but I think my days of console games are done with. My brother will more than likely get a PS3 simply because he loves playing the Final Fantasy games and the Sony system usually always gets those games.

http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

Im prefer the platform systems to the PC. I personally use the PS2, and am very excited for the PS3. I love that fact that Sony was smart enough to allow the improved editions of the PS to play older games (PS3 can play PS1 and PS2 games). I will definetly wait at least a year before buying. No point in spending $400 for something that will be $200 within months. I love how Microsoft named its new model the 360. I heard its because Microsoft doesnt want to go out on the market with an X-Box2 and compete against the superior sounding PS3. Makes me chuckle.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png