Planetary Defense Upgrades

Aenivae_Ikeda

Question

You know how if you have a turbolaser battery on a planet that it will destroy a ship of the bombarding fleet sometimes? Well I just thought that it would be neat if you could fire at enemy ships using the turbolaser battery during a battle, of course it would have like a recharge rate like the deathstar, but I just thought that then it would be serving more purpose
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

8 answers to this question

My biggest beef with them is that they only fire if fired upon...it doesn't matter if a fleet is in orbit and initiates a planetary assault. Oh, no! Can't fire upon them then. :roll:

Having the capability to fire them in battle would be awesome, too. I'd like to see the inclusion of Defense Platforms (golans, etc.) in that manner as well. (I know we've got cards and models for them already, but I'd classify them more as planetary defenses than capital ships)

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics

My biggest beef with them is that they only fire if fired upon...it doesn't matter if a fleet is in orbit and initiates a planetary assault. Oh, no! Can't fire upon them then. :roll:

Stupid game designers that didn't think of this... It just as stupid as not being able to use fighters in ground assaults.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Wouldn't it be cool though? Being able to use planetary defenses in battle. I mean obviously the defending side has to have some kind of advantage, otherwise the two fleets may as well just be fighting in some random are of space with nothing in it
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I agree! I love havin' 'em in the game! And despite the fact that I know their strengths, they're quite imposing when encountered.

Five of the Greatest Lines in the Star Wars Trilogy :roll:;)

-"As you wish..."

-"He's no good to me dead..."

-"What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."

-"Put Captain Solo in the Cargo Hold"

-"AaaaaAAaaaaaa!!"

Fett's Vette

The Lyrics