Challenge Scenario

Aenivae_Ikeda

Question

One thing I've done for a few months (since I didn't know about this place and thus didn't have any actual scenarios.) that can be quite fun and challenging is to put the difficulty on the hardest setting, and pick the biggest galaxy map. Once the game starts, you abandon all of your planets except those in the sesswanna (Something like that). You move all of your ships and troops to coruscant, then you have all of your agents on diplomacy missions to the sesswanna sector. After obtaining complete control of the sector (You may or may not have to invade some planets) you wait about one hundred to two hundred days, building troops, fighters, etc. on each planet. This is where the actual scenario begins really. At this point the rebellion has control over several sectors and has a fair sized fleet for the time period. Now you begin colonizing some of the outer rim planets, so that you will have more resources, and this is where the difficulty comes in. Since the rebellion uses the outer rim planets to begin with you may encounter them right off the bat. If you don't then they will discover your outer rim planets eventually. Since you need the resources, you can't very well build all kinds of construction yards, shipyards, and training facilities on these planets, thus you are left with having to send defenses from the core worlds.

This can be really fun a lot of the time, and I'm sure the veteran players will appreciate being able to challenge themselves without a bunch of fancy doo-hickies (Although I would prefer the doo-hookies).

[Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!]

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

1 answer to this question

Yupp, I did that. I've bombed all my planets, and left even Coruscant!

I've searched myself a nice little Outer Rim planet, where I started to rebuild the empire. All ships and troops had to be sold however, because of the costs. Long and hard playing, but I still could win that game. But that was really difficlut, and had to reload sometimes. Otherwise, the AI is crap as always. 8)