VSD II and ISD II question. And an MC-80 type ship request.

teukros

Man these models are SO much better...

I have installed the VSD and ISD models for the VSD I and the ISD I, I would like to use the same models for the VSD II and the ISD II.

I was wondering what I need to do to use the VSD model for both the VSD I and the VSD II, and likewise, the ISD model for the ISD I as well as the ISD II.

And I also had a Mon Cal request... I wasn't able to find any non-winged MC-80 type ships about the size of the MC-80 (except for the MC-80b model, which looks like a horshshoe crab). Basically I would love to see a Mon Cal ship, MC-80 or MC-80a-ish, around 1200 meters long, without wings. Is anything like that in the pipeline? :)

Thanks a million for all of your hard work! :D

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

:?:

I was hoping some kind soul could tell me what I have to do in order to use the VSD and ISD models for the VSD II and the ISD II...

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

Hmm well there ARE two versions of each of them....

...older versions, and newer improved versions! :lol:

But I know there is a way to rename the models so they can be used in two different slots simultaneously, and I don't want to experiment because of my experience with the MC-90 model (which has an incomplete model importer installation script btw) trashing things and eventuating an uninstallation and reinstallation of Rebellion...

• 3 weeks later...

How exactly should we rename the model? The *.rmd file? Or the *.x files?

And where to download both versions. O found only one ISD model and one VSD model on this page.

Well I've got an old Win98 PC, and I have hardware issues that make it impossible for me to do this.

When I tried to use LithUnwrap to open up one of the VSD .x files, I got this error message: "DirectX 8.0 HAL device support is required to load X files. Try changing your display mode to 16-bit or 32-bit"

All became clear when I went into DXDiag, which complained with this message:

"Hardware accelerated Direct3D 8+ is not available because the display driver does not support it. You may be able to get a newer driver from the hardware manufacturer."

I've got a Matrox Millenium II AGP, and I do have the latest driver. It's from 1999.

:(

• 3 months later...