I would have thought this impossible

RogueLdr

Question

I'm expanding in the core and the Empire gets two quick footholds on me in the Corellian Sector. I've got 6 systems. I have Luke picking off the characters on their first foothold and he's doing a good job of it. He's killed or captured three already. I send Page and Chewbacca to the second system to abduct Daala and they both get captured. So I take a look at what is on the system. The empire has 3 Stormtrooper Regiments, 2 GenCore Level 1, a KDY-150, and Daala was just made a General after the failed attempt. So I decide to take out Daala so I can get my characters back. I send Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Sarin Virgilo, Orrimaarko, and Ma'w'shiye on a Rescure mission of Chewbacca, and I send 14 infiltrators to abduct Daala. Luke, Han, Sarin, Orrimaarko, and Ma'w'shiye all get captured. 11 of the 14 infiltrators die and 3 escape to my nearest planet. How does this happen? Daala only has 123 Esp, 109 Combat, and 142 Leadership at the time of the confrontation. How in h3ll does she capture 7 characters just like that??? Maybe I'm missing something, it is my first game I've played, if so someone please enlighten me please!!!

You can't teach IQ!

You can't fix stupid!

The first step to becoming immortal is to first live a life worth remembering!

4 answers to this question

The more characters you send on a mission the easier it is to detect and destroy. Also without RebED 123 Esp. is good and 142 Leadership is average for Imperials. As for the first mission what were Chewbacca and Page's stats? With 123 Esp. it is very likely that Daala detected the mission and thus captured the two characters. Many times characters get killed when their mission is foiled so be thankful that your characters are still breathing. -Grand Moff Conway

And, as mentioned in another thread, Gencores help system defense against missions. So just the two gencores could be your problem with General Daala.

I think that was the KDY-150. I tried that in one of my games - had one KDY-150 in each system - and I'm pretty sure it helped some, though I couldn't say how much. :?

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

Yes, consider yourself lucky, I just was doing a diplomacy mission to Balfron using Jan Dondona, I sent Lando in to Balfron so he could take over and free up dondona to work on another system. Well, frigin imperials come in without any idea that I was even there working on the planet, took it over and I get the message Dondona has been killed. Lando escaped, but man I hate having my guys get caught or killed, specially my diplomats.

CHEAP