1. 1. What are your plans for ROTS?

• Spoilers baby!!
    • No spoilers for me!
    • Some spoilers

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Lucasfilm was quick to react on that spoiler link.

I don't usually read the New York Post, but four days ago (Monday), this was a front pageheadline...

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

especially in Baron Papanoida... 8O Ugh... I never thought he'd fall that much. Now they'll have a super-duper Baron Papanoida action figure... Baron Papanoida Unleashed and why not the Baron Papanoida Roleplaying Game.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

especially in Baron Papanoida... 8O Ugh... I never thought he'd fall that much. Now they'll have a super-duper Baron Papanoida action figure... Baron Papanoida Unleashed and why not the Baron Papanoida Roleplaying Game.

And don't forget about the CCG's Baron Papanoida card. :mrgreen:

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

In that kind of way i could tell you that "Nike" (as in the brand). Sounds alot like the french "nique" which means to have sex.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

And every American schoolchild (from my generation at least) learned that naming a car Nova and then trying to sell it in Mexico wasn't such a great idea...

Well it's actually an urban legend:

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

...but one which was related to me in high school as if it was fact; that the Chevy Nova sold poorly in Mexico because "no va" = "won't go" in Spanish.

...but one which was related to me in high school as if it was fact.

LOL. We have some similar language bloopers too.

Like Westel ( Westel Communications) almost means "you lose" in hungarian.

But my favourite is "Ubi" soft. Which means small (almost cute) piece of Cucumber :lol: . Quite unprofessional name for hungarians :D

...but one which was related to me in high school as if it was fact; that the Chevy Nova sold poorly in Mexico because "no va" = "won't go" in Spanish.

... Didn't the General Motors guys even consider that U.S cars never sell well outside because they consume too much gas... :roll:

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

... Didn't the General Motors guys even consider that U.S cars never sell well outside because they consume too much gas... :roll:

Bah, Newer US vehicles aren't worth owning. Pieces of giant, overpriced plastic. Hence the reason I own, drive, and sink way to much money into an elderly Camaro. Terrible gas mileage, but I could broadside a large truck and not worry about getting injured in it.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Where do you think all that Spice that Solo dumped actually went?

:roll:

I had just turned eleven years old when Star Wars came out so naturally it became the center of my Universe. I read everything "Star Wars" related I could get my hands on. One day I was browsing through a local bookstore and I noticed those two magic words on the cover of an issue of OUI magazine. So yes I was an eleven year old geek reading OUI magazine for the articles, er, article. Uhm, anyway. I read in that article that in 1972 or 1973 GL got high on qualuudes and read the entire Dune Trilogy in a single weekend!

And thus, The Star Wars was born. :lol:

A year later he produced a script and - needless to say - the story had undergone numerous changes.

If you're a real glutton for punishment, you can read the successive scripts here....

...here...

...and here.

By 1976, the script was in pretty much its final form.

:mrgreen:

Edited by teukros

Where do you think all that Spice that Solo dumped actually went?

:roll:

I had just turned eleven years old when Star Wars came out so naturally it became the center of my Universe. I read everything "Star Wars" related I could get my hands on. One day I was browsing through a local bookstore and I noticed those two magic words on the cover of an issue of OUI magazine. So yes I was an eleven year old geek reading OUI magazine for the articles, er, article. Uhm, anyway. I read in that article that in 1972 or 1973 GL got high on qualuudes and read the entire Dune Trilogy in a single weekend!

And thus, The Star Wars was born. :lol:

A year later he produced a script and - needless to say - the story had undergone numerous changes.

If you're a real glutton for punishment, you can read the successive scripts here....

...here...

...and here.

By 1976, the script was in pretty much its final form.

:mrgreen:

What an evolution! :D Dune was an excellent reading too. Somewhere in the forums, we had a topic with similarities between Dune and SW

Well you've got Emperors, you've got the desert planet, you've got "spice", you've got Luke saying "Holy Maker" when he sees the Devastator firing upon the Tantive IV, and (in the final draft and IIRC in the novel) you've got Camie - Fixer's girlfriend - saying about Luke, "It (is) just Wormie on another rampage." :lol:

And then there's the whole Jedi discipline = weirding way thing... I'm sure I could think of others, like Butlerian Jihad = Droid hatred...