Problem Uploading Cards

darth_ramoth

hey all, im trying to upload a new card i created and after filling in the details of the card and pressing submit, i get the following error message "No file specified or file outside guidelines".

im just wondering what the guidlines are, im forgetting something but i dont know what

thanks

Darth_Ramoth

Strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey to the dark side will be complete

If you're trying to upload from a Geocities account, Geocities is case-sensitive as far as it's filenames are concerned.

I found out yesterday.

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

Yeah, this is a problem that has arisen sometime last year, and hasn't been fixed since then, it seems. I think I've been one of the last people who submitted cards successfully (and the last bunch, if I remember correctly and did really send them, never made it online).

Keep annoying someone about it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

• SWR Staff - Executive

I've been real busy, haven't much time to troubleshoot it.

Check now and see if it works.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

ok, now i got this error message;

Star Wars: Rebellion [sWR] Card Submission

File type not correct. Must be valid RebED cards with JPGs.

Darth_Ramoth

Strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey to the dark side will be complete

Did you include a -what was it? 200x100?- jpeg file for the preview pic?

Whee, my new cards are online! Thanks, Evaders!

EDIT: Pity I didn't bother to check them for blue-aura-errors before uploading... *slams head on keyboard*

Did you include a -what was it? 200x100?- jpeg file for the preview pic?

yea, i included the 200x100 jpeg file, and it was a character card so it ended with .rcc

Whee, my new cards are online! Thanks, Evaders!

EDIT: Pity I didn't bother to check them for blue-aura-errors before uploading... *slams head on keyboard*

I havent tried since this morning when i posted about the new error message, so i'll give it a shot now and see how i go

no luck still....might rework the card and the preview pic and see what happens

Darth_Ramoth

I was thinking about it last night while trying to sleep and im wondering if my firewalls might have something to do about it, im running McAfee personal firewall plus and i just ADSL installed a few weeks ago and the modem has a built in firewall as well, so ill try disabling firewall plus and see how I go.

Admiral, if i still have no luck could i email the card and preview pic to you and could you try to upload them on behalf of me please?

Im thinking that if there is a problem with the cards or the pic you should get the error as well, or if it works for you then its something im doing wrong.

Darth_Ramoth

Card submitted, Mad.

Ramoth, now that the card is online, I see it's been wrongly credited to be mine. I suppose that's automatically done because I submitted it. Hope that doesn't bother you too much.

@Evaders: Can that be corrected?

EDIT: In a less grumpy mood today, so I changed my mind.

If anyone experiences further trouble with uploading, feel free to send your cards and previews to the address supplied on the previous page.

Be sure to include the Encyclopedia text in the mail, please.