Ootini! TC (and a few sample encyclopedia entries)

teukros

Huh, I tried that and it didn't work...

Edit: Woo! I got promoted!

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its because the graphics are in .bmp format. if they are in jpeg or gif format the IMG tags work. I guess the management here dont want bmp images as they are normaly large file sizes.

Ps congrats for the promotion :mrgreen:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2350/darth1b3bu.jpg

Visit the forums > The Galactic Core Forums

Congratulations!

(grumble grump those bmps are only 80k mumble)

Put an overpowered Solar Ionization Reactor in between two cheap-ass engines and a couple of laser cannon, put a chair with a rudimentary flight control and targeting computer on top, and surround the (unpressurized!) pilot with enough armor plate so he doesn't fry in a tenth of a second... riiiiiiiiight

Here they are as .jpgs...

http://www.geocities.com/telamonian_teukros/Neb-B.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/telamonian_teukros/Corvette.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/telamonian_teukros/Dreadnought.jpg

Hey Darth Griffin! I hear you've been getting some snow!

Hopefully it is just a fluke and not that global warming related doomsday scenario we've all been hearing about...

Wellllllllll I uh, :oops: don't know how I was so mistaken, but I thought that my changes to my encyclopedia entries were included in my stats only TC which is at Geocities right now... but of course they're not.

I found out today after uninstalling and reinstalling Rebellion.

So in a couple of days I'll upload a BETA of the latest version of my TC (I'll call it 1.7) to my geocities account, and I'll provide the link at that time. It will include all of the dlls as well as the stats.

So it won't be the world's smallest TC anymore.

Some of the card pictures will be different but the only models I plan on trying to import are the models for the Golan III and the Mc-40a, and MAYBE the models for the MC-80a, Corellian Corvette, Dreadnought, Neb-B, VSD and ISD. Something went wildly wrong last night when I tried to import all of the models which I did, and I don't know what it was. Rest assured that before I upload anything, I WILL verify that the models show up in tactical (as well as in RebEd)!!!

Ok, I've got a pretty good setup here. Turn Two and there's Golan DP IIIs at Duros and Sluis Van (with shipyards!) and also one at Pantolomin. But I only started with one ISD and two VSDs, plus four Carracks and a Galleon. I screwed up royally with my industrial expansion so I will play another game (from the Reb side) and then revisit this one at Turn Two.

Around turn 45 the Rebs started kicking the Royal Crap out of the Empire in the Farfin Sector, but that's okay... but just now around Turn 112 my Strike Fleet One, consisting of both VSDs and three of my Carracks, arrived at Bortras (in the correctly named Sessawenna Sector) and brushed aside the two Y-Wing Flights stationed there...

...but then two turns later, a Rebel Fleet consisting of THREE carriers, eleven Corellian Corvettes and 19 Y-Wing and X-Wing Flights arrived at Bortras and said "boo"! 8O

I was scared.

• 2 weeks later...

Ootini! 1.79...

Well the (computer controlled) Rebel Fleet had been playing possum for a while but it just showed up at Yaga Minor:

3 Carriers

5 Bulk Cruisers

21 Corellian Corvettes

11 Medium Transports

23 Dreadnaughts

2 MC-80b Heavy Cruisers (aka Dauntlesses)

71 Y-Wing Flights (almost 24 Squadrons!)

34 A-Wing Flights

41 B-Wing Flights

24 Naval Infantry Regiments

1 Regiment of Wookies

8O:o:?:(:cry:

Impressive and no doubt. But conspicuous by their absence are X-Wing Starfighters, MC-40a Light Cruisers, MC-80a Cruisers (aka Mon Cals), and weirdest of all, Alliance Army Regiments. It's weird because the MAT and MNT of all Army and Fleet Regiments are unaltered in my game...

If you think you can help me get to the bottom of this, or if you're just interested, you can view a Word document listing all of the Ootini! ship and starfighter statistics, and tracking all of the other changes I have made to the game (right-click and Save As to download).

EDIT:

Same game, a hundred turns or so later, and my head is spinning. I didn't even bother to write it down this time but I did notice that the VERY VERY LARGE computer fleet included five MC-90 (aka Bulwark) Battlecruisers, and one CC-7700... oh man oh man

I just got my butt whupped by the computer

Yesterday I re-wrote the encyclopedia entries for the starfighter cards. The editing was done with Rebellion only and thus they are all <= the size of the original Rebellion Encyclopedia texts.

Y-Wing

Koensayr's Y-Wing is an aging but still superb attack starfighter. Well armored and agile, the Alliance's bomber mounts a hyperdrive, dual proton torpedo launchers, two ion guns, and a dual blaster turret.

X-Wing

Based on the successful Z-95 Headhunter, Incom's T-65 X-wing is more powerful, more heavily shielded, and more agile than its predecessor. Mounting a hyperdrive, quad blasters and a proton torpedo launcher, the X-Wing's survivability, firepower and ease of maintenance have made it a favorite of pilots and crews alike.

A-Wing

Easy to overheat and hard to maintain, the Dodonna/Blissex A-wing is nevertheless an important starfighter. Extremely fast and agile, armed with dual blasters and concussion missile launchers, and with a hyperdrive and an extensive sensor package, it is well suited for space superiority and hit and fade missions.

B-Wing

Designed by Admiral Ackbar, the Slayn & Korpil B-Wing is a new generation of attack starfighter. Heavily armored and mounting a small turbolaser, two proton torpedo launchers and three ion guns (as well as dual blasters), a single B-wing can threaten a small capital starship.

TIE Fighter

Sienar Systems T.I.E. Fighters make up the bulk of the Imperial starfighter corps. These small, lightly armored craft have no life support, shield generators, or hyperdrives making them cheap to produce and maintain in the large numbers necessary for their space superiority role.

TIE Bomber

A heavily armored attack starfighter, the Sienar T.I.E. Bomber is easily recognised with two pods between bent-wing radiator panels. One pod contains the pilot and Solar Ionization Reactor and the second pod contains the extensive weapons suite. The T.I.E. Bomber has no hyperdrive, life support or shields, making it cheap to build and easy to maintain.

TIE Interceptor

A great improvement over the T.I.E. Fighter, Sienar's T.I.E. Interceptor is more heavily armored and mounts quad blasters on its panels. A more powerful Solar Ionization Reactor has been installed making the Interceptor almost as fast and maneuverable as the Alliance's A-wing. However, it still lacks the shields, hyperdrive and life support systems found on most Alliance starfighters.

TIE Defender

Sienar's T.I.E. Defender is one of the few production fighters to be equipped with both a shield generator and hyperdrive system (although it still lacks life support). The Defender mounts considerable firepower in the form of proton torpedo and twin concussion missile launchers, two ion guns and four automatic blaster cannon which can target multiple enemies at once! Maneuvering thrusters are housed in the three odd shaped radiator panels which give the Defender maneuverability almost on the level of the Alliance's A-wing, with speed to match that of the T.I.E. Interceptor.