Strategy tip of the week - Trainig Skywalker to be a bad ass

Today's strategy tip is for the rebel side. It focuses on Skywalker and the best way to put him to good use.

Skywalker starts off as a weakling little farm boy, but you can turn this farm boy into a badass jedi farm man in a few days.

Instead of wasting his potential combat skills on diplomacy and recruitment missions, instead have Skywalker build up his combat abilities through missions. Simply put skywalker on a decent ship with capable speed, a correlian corvette or one of the starting bulk cruisers.

At the beginning have him orbit neutral planets and send him down on sabotage missions onto the planet. Have him sabotage anything he can get his hands on. Production facilities, mines, refineries, defensive structures. If you do not want to sacrifice facilities in the inner rim, he can always sabotage outer rim neutrals, although this is typically slightly slower. Each successful mission he gains 1-5 combat points. Within days you can have Skywalker exceed Vader's 220 combat score. When he returns from his training with Yoda he will be in the high 200's (or even in the 300s if you train him enough). He can then easily take on Vader without any problems.

Imperial controlled planets:

You can have skywalker sabotage Imperial controlled planets at roughly 130 combat and above. Send him down to take out each facility one by one. If there are a couple troops on the planet and/or ion cannons (they foil missions) it gets even better! If you send him alone his mission will be foiled, but because of the fact that he had a close encounter his force rating will climb significantly! If needed you can repeat this as many times as necessary, ensuring Skywalker becomes a jedi knight just as he leaves his training with Yoda.

Once Skywalker has sufficient combat rating, have him face Vader. He will get away. Facing Vader increases his force and combat rating SIGNIFICANTLY. If in the unlikely event that he is captured, it might be even better for you! Vader will take him to the Emperor, in which the "Final Battle Event" will unfold. If Skywalker has sufficient combat ability he will easily deal with both the Emperor and Lord Vader, capturing both personnel in one big blow. The only thing you would have to do from that point is capture Coruscant. The Imperial player will be at a significant disadvantage since this will force the player into a defensive posture. Not to mention the fact that the Imperial lost two of his major characters, and a lost significant leadership bonus to his personnel from the Emperor's "Seat of Power" effect.

The best Rebellion player in the world. Want to challenge me? http://myleague.com/rebellion1

Guest JediIgor

Hmm, you should make a thread linking to all your tips and edit it when you make a new tip, and someone will sticky it! :)

Quick question, wouldn't sabotaging neutral planets be a bad idea if you were planning to use them later to expand your industry?

I was thinking the same thing, but I guess if you only target mines and refineries, which can easily and quickly be built back up, it's not too bad an idea.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I always thought that a good way was to simply send luke on missions that you know will be foiled....I have gotten him up to Jedi knight BEFORE he went to see yoda, once he came back he was one badass jedi master. I don't remember what his combat was but I'm, thinking it was around 275-300 range...so long as Luke does not run into Vader, there is not much chance he will get captured.

I always thought that a good way was to simply send luke on missions that you know will be foiled....I have gotten him up to Jedi knight BEFORE he went to see yoda, once he came back he was one badass jedi master. I don't remember what his combat was but I'm, thinking it was around 275-300 range...so long as Luke does not run into Vader, there is not much chance he will get captured.

Oh yes, repeat him being foiled while he's in orbit. He'll get good really fast. Mentioned that. :D

The best Rebellion player in the world. Want to challenge me? http://myleague.com/rebellion1

The only thing I don't like is when Luke gets too strong. When he is too strong he always just injures Vader or the emporer and he never gets captured. So the final battle never accures and that is the easiest way to capture Vader and the emporer.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

The only thing I don't like is when Luke gets too strong. When he is too strong he always just injures Vader or the emporer and he never gets captured. So the final battle never accures and that is the easiest way to capture Vader and the emporer.

Oh yeah, been there. Then you have to send one or two buddies with Luke to capture Vader. Otherwise Luke tends to just break his leg a bit and let him be.

Hmm, does this work with Vader and the Emperor too? Any force-sensitive user perhaps? :o

The Emperor is best kept on Coruscant at all times as to allow the Imperial characters to receive a significant Leadership bonus from the "Seat of Power" effect.

Early on Vader's skills are best applied in other ways. Recruitment, Diplomacy, or as an Admiral/Commander of a mobile fleet. He is very effective in both role, and will foil any incoming sabotage missions as an admiral with two ships or more. This is because of his high espionage rating, allowing him to foil, and his high combat rating, allowing him to capture key enemy personnel with ease. I've even managed to capture the likes of Solo and other key personnel early on, even egging my opponent on by blockading a key planet in the Sluis sector.