Star Wars: Empire at War

Grand_Admiral_Pellaeon

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starwarsrts/preview_6116584.html

Thought you may all like to have a look of this. Looks like you may have some competition lol ej, though the space combat is more 2d.

Looks awesome none the less

Jacen Solo: "What happened to the war?"

Pellaeon: "It went away."

The game does look good, bu I'm interested in how they will have ship building in the space battles. How many ships will you be able to build? How accurate will the size ratio be? Will they incorperate Hyperspace? I guess we'll have to wait an see.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Wonders how long it took from when I posted the link on the news.... :)

Plus there's already a main thread in the General Discussion area

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Guess, that's what happens when people bookmark the Forum page and not the main page.

That's what happened to me, I noticed Igor's thread before I went and check the news on the main page.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

The game does look good, bu I'm interested in how they will have ship building in the space battles. How many ships will you be able to build? How accurate will the size ratio be? Will they incorperate Hyperspace? I guess we'll have to wait an see.

u dont I guess it will be like rebellion but it is not like u build your units there in battle

Guest JediIgor
I don't see how this is competition to Eville's mod at all, except for having ground battles, it looks to me like it will be largely inferior :).

• 1 month later...
Guest JediIgor
lol very true but i think i will buy it none the less, i seem to buy every other star wars game that comes out, lol

...and that's exactly why LucasArts doesn't plan on upping the quality of their games anytime soon.

Republic Commando isn't too bad, though it could use a patch to fix a few glitches. Then again, since when has one game been a sign of how good another will be?

Note: This is in response to JediIgor's post, not something out of left field (as I noticed it appeared to be after I clicked Submit)

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Guest JediIgor
Republic Commando isn't too bad, though it could use a patch to fix a few glitches. Then again, since when has one game been a sign of how good another will be?

Note: This is in response to JediIgor's post, not something out of left field (as I noticed it appeared to be after I clicked Submit)

Huh, what? Play Half-Life 2, Far Cry, Doom 3, then go back and play Republic Commando and then you will see how shitty it really is (the PC version).

..when has a game been a sign of how good another will be? I don't know, I was merely observing a trend with all the latest crappy LEC games:

pretty much every LEC console port, JK Academy, Battlefront, Galactic Battlegrounds.. KOTOR wasn't crap but it wasn't on the quality level of Neverwinter Nights either.

So let's see, they nerfed their awesome Jedi Knight series, they aren't producing any more X-W/T-F games (silly mistake), and they never bothered to make a sequel to Rebellion. Their first attempt at an RPG was lousy (I was expecting far better), and of course their biggest problem is that they develop for console first and port to PC.

Those always fail. non-lec example: halo (excuse me, did we really need another UT/Q3 clone?)

On the other hand, PC -> Console ports do quite good, since it's either to dumb down a game for console then "smart" it up for a PC. Example: Morrowind. Awesome PC game, very popular Xbox game.

• 2 weeks later...

First hello all, i'd like to take a few whacks about this. First of all my postion on EaW. First of all I don't see EaW as the 'sequal to rebllion' if anything i'd consider it a remake/redoing/major remodeling of Force Commander (and maybe rebllion as well kind of killing two birds with one stone kind of thing.) this probley isn't the acutall case but just a way I can look at it i think.

Secondly I have fairly decent hope for the game and heres the reasons why. 1st thou it's early in the shots and what we have heard it not only looks good but looks like fun, i mention this because in force commander you only had the 'looks good' feeling to it now that i recall about it. 2nd this is being done by some of the same people who did work on command and conquer genreals. At least in that aspect I know it will be better then Force Commander (ok it dosn't take much to to do that) and Gallatic Battlegrounds. And thirdly because this will be moddable at least in some small aspect (scenerio editor at least) now why I say this again back to reason 2 to anwser that question.

So basicly said i'm enthusie about it, and i defintly want to know more and i'll probley at least try it out before i pass judgement. Now to some things said.

Thats some great questions there thrawn and I agree, hopefully most if not maybe all these questions will be anwsered at E3 or after E3.

Huh, what? Play Half-Life 2, Far Cry, Doom 3, then go back and play Republic Commando and then you will see how shitty it really is (the PC version).

..when has a game been a sign of how good another will be? I don't know, I was merely observing a trend with all the latest crappy LEC games:

pretty much every LEC console port, JK Academy, Battlefront, Galactic Battlegrounds.. KOTOR wasn't crap but it wasn't on the quality level of Neverwinter Nights either.

So let's see, they nerfed their awesome Jedi Knight series, they aren't producing any more X-W/T-F games (silly mistake), and they never bothered to make a sequel to Rebellion. Their first attempt at an RPG was lousy (I was expecting far better), and of course their biggest problem is that they develop for console first and port to PC.

Those always fail. non-lec example: halo (excuse me, did we really need another UT/Q3 clone?)

On the other hand, PC -> Console ports do quite good, since it's either to dumb down a game for console then "smart" it up for a PC. Example: Morrowind. Awesome PC game, very popular Xbox game.

Ya know i love ya already from that post jediIgor (not just from your sig saying you own this site, love it by the way thnx for giving a place for rebellion mods and such) cause i can tell you are truely what some would call a ' HARDCORE, HARDCORE GAMER' by that I mean very critical of games that you play/looking for. I know cause my brothers like that but mainly only about MMO's *rolls eyes* thats another story.

I can post a big disscusion between you an me but I know how it will play out, if you want to label me i'm a 'CASUAL HARDCORE GAMER' I guess meaning i'm really really enjoy games/gameing but i'm not as critcal about them or what types of games I play. *shurgs* not sure how else to explain it. But to my point even thou your question was directed at thrawn, i'll anwser it for you. Yes I played Half-Life 2, Far Cry and Doom 3 BEFORE I played republic commando and I still enjoyed it for what it was. I was very dispointed about the multiplayer thou, they could of done SO MUCH MORE with it.

But the singleplayer experinced I enjoyed, and the story, short yes but thats becomeing somewhat of a trend. Granted the three forementiond games are the exception to that. (oh and I am taling about the PC version I don't play FPS on console, firstly cause I don't have a console that can *heh* and because I just have to have my mouse and keyboard. :) )

I could go into further but like i said before I don't want to start a big ol disscusion about it here, since i'm sure you've heard it before and my re-interating it isn't going to change your, or my mind for that matter. Thats why we have opinons and why fourms are fun after all :)

Regardless I look forward to it, and like any star wars fan i'll probley at least try it out. I'm a hopeless star wars fan, mainly about the ships thou *heh* *sighs* wish they make another flight sim game for SW. Like the good old Xwing, Tie Figther and XWA, XWA and Tie Fighter are my favrotie thou. Anywayz off topic :) Just thought i'd post my 2 cents, what this is for as i said before :)

:arrow:Quickshot14 Welcome ! ....it has been a wile until I had some help in this debates :) EaW will be a great game and fun to play. I'm positive about this and also know it.

:arrow: People around here have many traumas with LEC and are usualy very agressive towards new SW games....and for good reasons....but this new one - the EaW will be different - I sensed this long ago.

:arrow: EaW will be finished as a beta this month :) so I'm quite happy that soon all the people invloved will be free to disscus and show more about the game.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -