Warlords Single Player ideas

EvilleJedi

Where are the harvesters in the single mode games? You got all them asteroids and youcan't harvest them, that's bad.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

• SWR Staff - Executive
They should be the mole miners. Most people don't play resources anyway, rather injections.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• 4 weeks later...
How bout the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion...that would be cool. Like you start out with maybe 100 republic cap ships and duke it out to try and stop the Vong from taking courasant. I dont know...just an idea
KotOR ROCKS!!!

• 3 months later...

Here's an idea for having the Death Star as a semi playable thing for Endor. Make it a background, but then have a huge green blast sort of lance out and glass a random destroyer every five-ten minutes. I'm pretty sure you can-- saw a reference to it being done in some other mod, not the Death Star per se, since it wasn't Star Wars, but I digress...

Anyway, there'd be certain restrictions on what ships it can and can't destroy-- as in it can take out a generic Calimari Cruiser, but not the Home One. A similar action could be used in taking out the Executor, have a cutscene of an A-Wing fly into the Executor's bridge (make it an AI A-wing if it must be) and then back off to show the thing explode.

As for the mission objective? Survive long enough (maybe 1 hour) for the strike team to take down the shield, and the Falcon and company to kill the reactor. Cutscenes ensue.

~Resident Warlords Curmudgeon

• 1 month later...

Sirroco that is almost exactly what I was gonna say about how the Death Star could be implemented. That would be a really fun battle. Is it not possible to make the death star just be a really big ship, or are there size limits. Forgive my lack of knowledge but I don't know anything about the limitations of the engine.

I vote for a Yuuzhan Vong campaign or a Return of the Sith.

• 1 month later...
Even if it could be, that'd be one hell of a ship playing hell with everyone's game speed. Turbolasers flying everywhere and whatnot (the thing has more guns than the SSD, go figure) and anyway, why NOT make it a background? If you look at some of the stuff that the HW people did, you can see why making it a background is appealing (for an example: mission one in HW2). No animation needed, just someone who has skill and a graphics tablet. And a giant green superlaser blast, but that's something that I'm sure can be done.
~Resident Warlords Curmudgeon

• 2 months later...