Get Rebellion 1.01 to function with GameSpy Arcade, go here!

http://www.forumplanet.com/gamespyarcade/forum.asp?fid=1561

Post the suggestion. Use your GameSpy account to log in, and POST. The more vocal we are the better.

The best Rebellion player in the world. Want to challenge me? http://myleague.com/rebellion1

Is this verified? It doesn't work with 1.01 on anyone's computer?

Thats correct. Seems like an oversight by them. 1.0 works but not 1.01.

The best Rebellion player in the world. Want to challenge me? http://myleague.com/rebellion1

well i followed the links and i got an email back from them today, which reads

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the heads up, this has been passed along to the techies!

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Karen "Cobby" Cobb

GameSpy Customer Service

IGN Entertainment

-----Original Message-----

From: darth_ramoth@bigpond.com [mailto:darth_ramoth@bigpond.com]

Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 9:59 AM

To: suggestions@gamespyarcade.com

Subject: [GameSpy Arcade Feature Suggestion]

Importance: High

Name: Adrian Arnold

Email: darth_ramoth@bigpond.com

Feature: I would like to inform that Star Wars: Rebellion dosent work with gamespy arcade, Rebellion Version 1.0 works but due to a bug within the game, there are problems getting the game to work when playing online. Rebellion Version 1.01 fixed this bug but now it dosent work with Gamespy arcade. Please fix it as this is why your rebellion room is mostly empty

Darth_Ramoth

Strike me down with all of your hatred, and your journey to the dark side will be complete

I got some good news. We will soon have a place to play Rebellion:

Hi Dmitri,

Thanks for the heads up, this has been passed along to the techies!

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Karen "Cobby" Cobb

GameSpy Customer Service

IGN Entertainment

kcobb@igngamespy.com

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 12:51 AM

To: suggestions@gamespyarcade.com

Subject: [GameSpy Arcade Feature Suggestion]

Importance: High

Name: Dmitri

Email: baron2100@msn.com

Feature: You guys need to FIX THIS ASAP! I've heard numerous times people have tried to play Star Wars Rebellion on here, only to fail. Seems they found out version 1.01 does not work with GameSpy Arcade. 1.01 is kind of important, as it addressed compatibilities between U.S. and International versions.

Topic: You know why Star Wars Rebellion room is empty! Arcade doesen't work with 1.01!

You all need to fix this ASAP! Do some testing, hell I'll even volunteer to test this out for you to get it to work. The small but existant Star Wars Rebellion community now matches up through instant message contacts so on and so forth, since the Zone dropped Rebellion. If GameSpy Arcade were to work with 1.01, we would finally have a place to go to play Rebellion.

I hope you all listen. If you do, I'll definetly be subscribing to this service.

heh.. =o) I got a game over the zone yesterday with _S_TheViking.. in the ZoneLAN room.. so I got to play reb with my Zfriends up, and pretend it was the old days. I can't wait 'til Gamespy gets thier act together, and we have a place to gather again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

*Gravedigging*

Ok, i think this is the right place to post.

I don't know if this issue has been addressed yet, but when i tried to play on Gamespy today, i got an error. I can't recall exactly what it was, but bascially the gist was to check the instillation and filepath. Which i did.

Anyone have any info for me? ATM i'm assumeing that its my router. I tried it with my firewall disabled, same thing.