Defences

Which do you use most?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you use most?

• turbolasers
    • Shield generators
    • both

I tend to put 2 gencores (I or II) on important planets followed with 1 or 2 turbolasers to ward off rebel attacks. Of course that is not enough, you must back it up with troops and fighters.-GM Conway

In my latest game I've been trying to build two gencore IIs on most worlds, well at least the core worlds.

Earlier in the game I was also building LNRs on planets, those that were left after sabatage missions and by the time LNR IIs were available were upgraded. Still, they've proven useless so far - if the planet has one and shields the AI wont bombard it :x

I think I'll stick to just GenCore's

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

In my latest game I've been trying to build two gencore IIs on most worlds, well at least the core worlds.

Earlier in the game I was also building LNRs on planets, those that were left after sabatage missions and by the time LNR IIs were available were upgraded. Still, they've proven useless so far - if the planet has one and shields the AI wont bombard it :x

I think I'll stick to just GenCore's

My point exactly. :roll: But I have to try the thing with the LNR only. A bigger fleet controllad by the AI should bombard such planet too...

• 3 weeks later...
hmm...well I am new here (yay) but I'm not new to Rebellion. When i play the AI I never waste time or resources on planets that are not that important. I just build a small fleet usually of the top 3 ships (with the rebs this is bulwark, dauntless and liberator) plus a grav gen. And then keep one in every sector.... its not that hard to catch a small fleet, and if its a big one sheilds and LNRs are not going to help too much anyways.

• 10 months later...
Depends on the stage in the game. When I'm playing as Imps on hard or something and I have to battle for Coruscant ( :evil: ) I build the LNRs, just because they're cheap and fast and the AI won't attack when they're there. Later on I build Gencors for important places, but I never really use garrissons. If it's a ship/building/resource/troop production planet, I just place a small fleet there.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

From my experience with the (incompetent) AI :evil: , it never bombards a system with a LNR or KDY battery, or a Gen Core (they don't prevent the AI from assualting though!). So I don't waste time or material building them, with certain exceptions. Coruscant or Rebel HQ gets a minimum of three Gen Gores (and maybe some LNR batteries for the hell of it), any "super" training facility system (and sometimes super CY systems. I don't waste system resources on super shipyard systems, they usually have enough firepower floating around to prevent attacks, if the AI knows where they exist :roll: . Besides, I want as many shipyards as possible). Any system the AI tends to bombard in raiding tactics gets a Gen Core. With a good garrison and General on important systems (with Gen Cores), these systems aren't going to the enemy without a good fight! :twisted:

On other systems that have Gen Cores or LNR's that get sabotaged, I usually don't replace them unless they're an important system, or I have CY's with nothing to do. :?

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?