A clean game

asdfff

This is along the thoughts of putting up a web-based manual for new players:

Is there an edited savegame, or a command option, out there that lets us play a "clean game" in SWR? By which I mean, just like in Civ, Tech1 Birth of the Federaion game, or multiplayer starcraft, that the player (and maybe the computer) starts out with only 1 planet, no ships or anything, minimal construction facilities, and the 2 main characters.

Well, if such a thing doesn't exist, I hope someone with a savegame editor makes such a game...I don't know what utilities are available, much less how to work them, but I can imagine this being a useful teaching tools for newbies.

PS, that web based manual is still a great idea.

Guest JediIgor

That's interesting, but we must remember in the end that this is a struggle between the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance, not 2 random planets who decide to go for galactic domination :).

But hey, if a modder figures out how to do it, all the better! Though I imagine it would just make the beginning of the game more boring (or fun depending on the proximity of your opponent).

Such scenario could be done, but I can't suggest it in single player, since the AI is not built that way. He would be dumber as ever :)

In multiplayer, it could be fun. However, I don't know, if it's possible to make a mp savegame.

Guest JediIgor

Well if you made all the planets un-colonized(with Rebed) it could probably be done but then multiplayer would take a loooooooooong time :).

Hmm... or maybe the game would crash, anyone care to try ?

Well, I think such a savegame would result in an economical collapse for the AI and the player. This one planet would need at least 1 construction site and the rest filled up with mines and refineries.

Now, if you don't edit Yavin & Coruscant to have something like 15 mines and as many refineries (which would look quite akward, btw) then I think you'd would rather lose ships and troops due to low maintenance and not be able to play very long.

On the other hand vakundok and I (well, mostly our grand master from Hungary :wink:) were researching about a possible savegame editor, but this has been put to a halt, since the info in the savegames (mp ones most likely as well) are not put in there in a consistent way. Almost everything in there is variable and often occurs more than once :(

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif