advantage and disadvantage this mod

blazican

i downloaded the mod today and i loved the models. i the detail is more then perfect i never seen a game that looked this good. the corellian gunboats are awesome. though these details are good there are some flaws in the game. #1 i played against a vygar an di noticed it takes me 5 times as long to get a cap ship that could take a vygar heavy cruiser, by the time i pull out one destroyer the computer has atleast 3. is there anyway the build time ot components needed to build our big ships be shortened? one advantage i saw was the fighters for the reb/imp with out a doubt out class the hiigarin and vaygar, not only that but those two i think dont seem to know how to fight these fighters. is there anyway that could be fixed as well? i am in no way complaining like i said i love the mod but if i play my fiend online and he chooses hiigarin or vaygear i would like to be able to be on equal ground.

That may be true that the times are different, but then you have to think about the strengths of the units. A Imperial or Rebel cruiser will probably be able to handle 3 Vaygar or Hiigarin cruisers. I know that when I play against one of those races as Imp they don't stand a chance, even on Expert.

Not meaning to sound completely obvious and stupid but this is a STAR-WARS mod and therefore not meant to be played against Hiigaran or Vaygr forces because that just underminds the mod completely if you think about it so this really shouldn't be an issue and as eville said he will remove them eventually. I thought it was common sense not to play against stock HW2 races :P

storm...

No Archibald you cannot fly me home! Especially because that which you are sitting in is a tin foil covered, card board box.

• SWR Staff - Executive
the main reason I will be getting rid of them is because it is the only way to get AI ships to hyper space ( the ggame hard coded the hiig, vaygr, bentusi and keeper into hyperspaceable by the AI)

the main reason I will be getting rid of them is because it is the only way to get AI ships to hyper space ( the ggame hard coded the hiig, vaygr, bentusi and keeper into hyperspaceable by the AI)

Oh I see...

well getting rid of them would be cool, but i like playing different races or maybe giving them different tactics or something, i dont know about everyone else but playing the same race over and over gets boring, the more different races the better the practice i think. i was just saying that vaygar and hiig were very different in the way they play and plus i never really played the game i just played one game and made a comment, but now that i got the hang of it its not so bad after all. i can build cap ships pretty quick, not as quick as hiig and vayger but faster then i could. is there a detailed ship build component list so i know what to build for each ship so i can build faster instead of researching everything ?

turn research off and you seem to be forgettin' this is a STAR WARS mod and to my knowledge vaygr and hiig wernt in the star wars universe. What I would like to see is the yuzhon vong (probably spelt entirely wrong but it's understandable i hope) as my brother keeps going on and on about them :P
No Archibald you cannot fly me home! Especially because that which you are sitting in is a tin foil covered, card board box.

heh, if you guys really really truly want to mix up the star wars universe and the HW2 universe...like if somehow a fighter facility got trapped in a warmhole, ended up in the HW2 universe, and decided to claim it for themselves!! mwah ha haaa........

anyway, be either imp or rebel and play against at least 4-5 other computers on expert. Simply because, the Star Wars ships outrange, outgun, outshield, and out manuever the HW2 ships....the only thing you can have left are numbers :D .

And actually, I did try to go against a hard alliance computer where they couldn't build past the ROTJ era, and I was Hiigaran with 3 other allies. Needless to say, it was a very long and excrusiating game, but I did find out that as long as you're not hit with ion blasts....and the computer attacks your ally instead of you...you can do alright. By trying my best to stick to battlecruisers and ion and toropedo frigates for the enemy capital ships, I actually brought down a few MC's, along with a Bulwark Battlecruiser. Also...anything less than a destroyer can't really match the firepower of a battlecruiser anyway....though the only bad thing is that any ship below a destroyer can outrun your torpedoes as well :oops:

food for thought

Guest JediIgor
Let's face it, even a few weak Star Wars units can take out the strongest Homeworld units :). Here's to hoping there will be enemy that hyperspaces soon :).

Cool thanks. i like the idea of having more then 2 races, all other star wars games only have either imps or rebels, to me thats boring. Having different units is a great idea. Im not that familiar with what the hell the vongs are but im sure they will be a great addition to the mix.