a little problem

blazican

hello thank you for the mod. i have a little problem, i installed the mod and now the game seems very slow and laggy. i have all the options to the lowest level; either low or off. after doing this its still very slow. anyone have any recommendations on how to fix this problem? or is this just a memory issue? i have 512ram with a 7500c graphics card on my laptop. i never had this prob before. please help u are my only hope

Keep in mind (slap me if I'm wrong, guys) that if you turn your grafics down, your cpu does more of the work. Keeping the grafics up, within the specs. of your grafics card, force the card to handle most of the processing.

I'd just say it was a laptop specific issue and whats a 7500c graphics card is it ATI radeon based?? I've noticed that in my experience with the mod it seems to run slower on ATI based cards, I have a GF3 ti200 (nVidia) card that handles everything turned up pretty well until it gets stupidily bogged down with hundreds of ships, lasers, torps etc. Don't forget the warlords isn't just a basic HW2 conversion really it's a different game altogether just on the same engine and tbh to get it to run like HW2 would you'd need a beast of a machine. There is no real way to fix you problem really because laptops are hard to upgrade unlike a PC and thats where they start falling down imo. Hope this helps in anyway shape or form...

storm...

No Archibald you cannot fly me home! Especially because that which you are sitting in is a tin foil covered, card board box.

• SWR Staff - Executive
what processor are you running on the laptop? my 1.3 centrino with 512 of ram and a radeon 9200 is slow too, unless you have a high end p4/axp laptop (2 ghz+ ) I reall don't know if it will ever be able to run well. (one reason is the hard drives are always slower and there's usually other inefficienies on a laptop board) the only other thing I can say is make sure your system isn't throttling the clock when you are playing, set the power setting to always on or use a utility like speedstepxp to force the clock to its max and turn off all power saving (ati has a gpu throttle option in the display options)