Can I get this mod to run of HW2 on OSX????

Slowintrepid

Sup folks, this mod looks really sick, only problem is I run HW2 on OS X.

however my game folder is made of a bin folder, a data folder and Homeworld2 application.

inside the data folder is a bunch of .big files and two other folders.

I know the installer is a .exe but I have Virtual PC on my mac so I can extract the files and drag them over to OS X.

so does anyone know if can run this mod??

• SWR Staff - Executive

I've had a few people ask me that, and I don't really know the answer, there seems to be a slight difference in how the mac HW2 handles mods (it has an ingame launcher?) but I've hard other HW2 mods like PDS work so it miht just be a configuration issue

basically you need to put the mods big file in the data directory and then also extract the patch files to the data directory, the mod needs to be selected in the in game and the programs execuatble has to be started with the -overrideBigFile option (I'd assume you would launch it through the terminal)

• 1 month later...
  • SWR Staff - Executive

okay try http://warlords.swrebellion.com/download/Warlords0.40PR.Big

this should fix the icon crashing issue, but it won't fix the map crahsing, I don't know how to get aroudn that yet

follow the instructions on macologist for creating a launcher script

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I discovered that one of the Star Wars maps does work in the mac version, Yavin IV, and the AI actually does provide a bit of a challenge on that map. However, the star field in the background flickers a lot. i don't know if that provides any clues.. I'm going to email Aspyr and see if i can get any information on any possible differences between the PC and Mac versions of Homeworld 2.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...