starting playing again-looking for a challenge

Kandle

Question

Well first I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Kandle and I've had this great game since it came out all the way back in 1998 I think. A good strategy game can last a while as we all know, and when it involves SW, I couldn't resist. When I came across this website, with an active SWR community, I just had to register and hope to make this forum even better.

My first post involves something that I've been trying to achieve for a long time with SWR, and that's to have a really good challenging game with either side. I've finished both sides on various difficulties but usually neither side is aggressive at all, and once you can stand firmly on your two feet, the galaxy is slowly yours. What do some of the regulars here know about creating these exciting games(against AI)? What difficulty is best, galaxy size, and most importantly, any mods out there?

The navigation of this site is a bit difficult for me because besides having SWR it also has general SW mods and Homeworld 2. In this single topic, what should someone who's never been exposed to the SWR community learn about the best mods out there, or RebED edits to get back to those long challenging games we might of had as newbies(heh).

As a final point to my first post here, how are the online games going? :D I'd probably get taken to the cleaners by the players here but when I'll be ready where and when is everyone hanging to find some people to fight?

5 answers to this question

I'd be willing to play against you, but I wouldn't know how it would work.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Welcome to the Rebellion Forums, Kandle. :)

I can awnswer your questions, or most of them anyway.

If you wan't tough Single player go to the TCs part of Swrebellion, from there download either A'N II, or A'N III. There a good Challange.

As for Multiplayer, I can't help you. I can Never connect to any other person on the Net, It just won't.

The navigation of this site is a bit difficult for me because besides having SWR it also has general SW mods and Homeworld 2. In this single topic, what should someone who's never been exposed to the SWR community learn about the best mods out there, or RebED edits to get back to those long challenging games we might of had as newbies(heh).

If you need help getting to the TCs, Cards or Models, Jut look to you're left in the bar with all the links around the top you should see in white letters RebED, under that are Links to TCs, Cards, Or Models, and other stuff.

If you need help putting in models to the game ask The Mask, in the models Section of the Rebellion forums, And I advise you look for a post asking the same Question before making anew one.

Regards,

Kaja

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg