Agent management of resources and/or facilities?

JarodSliverstar

Question

Okay, this is is a question and a bit of rant.

I seem to be very good at shooting myself in the foot when playing the Imperials. Somehow I always end up messing up with mines and refinerys so that at around turn 500 or so I find myself all of sudden out of materials to build with. In my latest game I was so out of wack that by the time I was able to recover on resourses the rebels were able to mount a series of assults and basiclly took most of a sector away from me in about 50 days.

I don't seem to have a problem when I play the Rebels so not sure what I am doing wrong.

My question is this, it is worth it to let your protocol droid/agent manage certain things like resourses? Does it do a half-way decent job? Or would I be better off just taking care of things on my own?

Thanks

Jarod Sliverstar

Wanna-be Star Destroyer God!

11 answers to this question

It depends on how you like things done. Personally I always manage things myself and I always play as the Empire. Even in games where I am winning I sometimes have to slow my military building to make mines and refineries to increase maintenance income.-Grand Moff Conway

Well I let him handel it fot me after i am done building defences and building facilities in my sectors.

so that I don't have to bother finding out wether I need more mines or refinarys I just leave it to him :wink:

-"The major is a good man means well and works hard. Undortunatly, he would not be able to get a clue if he went out into a field full of horny clues during clue mating season , smeared his naked body with clue musk, and danced the ritual clue mating dance."-

-"Now there's an image I'd really have preferred you'd kept to yourself."-

Its good to cheak Galaxy overview every now and then, and which every you have the least of (Mines of refineries)... build more!!!

It is also goo dto keep in mind where everything is.

War is the continuation of politics by other means...

After my initial round of recruiting and building of shield generators for those planets I want to keep...I check galaxy overview....see how many I am in surplus....and scrap those to expedite the building process...I have found its faster too recruit more planets for mine/refinery deficiencies than build in the initial stages of the game

After my initial round of recruiting and building of shield generators for those planets I want to keep...I check galaxy overview....see how many I am in surplus....and scrap those to expedite the building process...I have found its faster too recruit more planets for mine/refinery deficiencies than build in the initial stages of the game

Why would you scrap excess refineries or mines? As you get more planets they add together to give you more income! I can understand recruiting instead of building in the early stages, but destroying resources doesn't make sense to me.-Grand Moff Conway

I don't actually do it all the time..and I am sorry I failed to specify...I was kind of in a hurry. Its only if in the initial stages of the game...say days 1-50 or so, and its only to give me a jump in facility production at a planet I've picked for all those facilities. After I have selected a couple of planets...then I start with the production of mines/refineries.

As the Empire it is generally a mistake to build mines/refineries early on unless there is a large imbalance. The easiest way to increase your production early on is to aquire those neutral planets with large resource/mine complexes by using your diplomats. Your Imperial probe droids should be going out finding them and diplomats sent straight to them and 'persuading' them to join the Empire. Check your galactic summary ( or whatever its called ) and occasionally switch it on for a few game turns to bring everything back into kilter so to speak :)

You must also be destroying the Rebels mines/refineries with commerce raiders and squads of Imperial commando's led by a character with a high espionage rating.

You will soon be roaring ahead of the Rebels production, and it will only be a matter of time before the Rebellion is brought to heel. :twisted:

You have failed me for the last time.

playing as the alliance or the empire, i always put construction complexes, so i can get those important mines and refineries built and build a nice sized pool of resources, and defending important systems as a priority. i get my garrisons, defensive facilites and fighters where i need them. build small but good bombarding fleets (a victory with 2 TIE bombers in it is fantastic) for every sector so you can easily and quickly bombard away those garrisons after assaults. then i start making my huge, heavy firepower fast fleets to go around and take control of everything and find that rebel scum to i can kill them all :twisted: