Better than Expected?

Well, it seems that Battlefront is doing better than expected in at least one area of the European market. All stores in the UK have sold out and it will be three weeks before more stock will arrive. This is a surprise since apparently Star Wars games don't sell very well in the UK 8O. I'm now wondering how sales are in the rest of the world...

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

In Geneva, it must be selling quit well, because it is the 4 time I am going to a computer shop and asking for it, and they say that they don't have it any more. But the PS2 and Xbox version don't seem to be selling as well.

Men, that game is awesome, the impressions given are so good. The intensity of the fight online is so powerful. I think that the fact that maps are small makes all the difference. Now you are fighting for every inch of ground. Is the SPAM team already on duty? :lol: Do we already have a server? If yes, what is its name? How many people are on the team and ready to play?

Many questions But little answers... :?

Well, [sPAM] is up and running, somewhat. It's pretty much just those of us that play online. There isn't a server yet, and we don't really play together. That's mostley because there are only two members (Dark and I) who have the game.

I've actually been avoiding online play for now. While the game is fantastic, there are some balancing and leveling issues that need to be dealt with. I am most displeased with their apparent lack of progress on new patch. I have a fealing that the game is going to die as a result of LucasArt's tendancy to put a game out, and then release on update a year, not being too concerned that there is a crap load of problems. I hate to say it, but despite the great game, we may very well see Battlefront go the way of Battlefield Vietnam. Thankyou Corperate America!

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I've kind of gone the way of single player for now as well. I tried giving myself a dissadvantage, like spawning furthest away from where I was needed, with a class I couldn't do much damage with during that point in the battle. (and) Other little things like walking when I could take a speederbike. I'm really focusing on getting really good at the game so that when a server is up, I might try and show up with a [sPAM] tag on, and see if any1 notices. =o)

I agree with you GAT, now I have the impression that I will soon be bored with that game, not enough varieties of the maps is the mane cause I think. I have the game and am playing on internet already, but I muss say, I have a connection of 700KB, and it lakes an scary number of times per game. 8O

Hopefully the fan base comments will for Lucasarts to better Balance the game out for everyone. My question is( i dont have it as i am now intrigued will R:TW) are there alot of people online to play against?

Yes, there are pleanty of people, however there is another problem. Almost all of the existing servers have a really high ping, and those that don't are locked private servers.

On top of that, if you do manage to find a server that isn't full but is still populated enough to play, all of the hard-core players are there. You know, the kind you get when you'd try and play Counter-Strike during the day?

On top of that, there is a serious spawn-camping problem that has to be dealt with. Because some maps only give vehicles (tanks) to one side, that side will camp all the spawns in tanks, which are damn near impervious. Well, that and the power difference between tanks like the Republic tank and the Droid tank. The latter must have two people in it, so even if you manage to jump in, the rest of your team will be killed before they can make it to you.

Well, now that I've turned a bunch of people off the game, there is some hope. LucasArts has been working on the first major patch for the game, and are hoping to have it out some time this week. You can look for things such as adjustable tickets, bug-fixes and balancing, temp invulnerability for spawning, improved Multiplayer browser interface, and hopefuly some new maps.

EDIT: Ok, so that will teach me to post here before I check my sources. It seems that hte 1.1 patch has been released today. I haven't read the list of changes (I just looked not five second ago), so you'll have to check for your self. go to SW Battlefront to get the patch and the details on changes. It's also a good site to keep bookmarked since they are essentially the whole of the battlefront community.

Guest JediIgor

It's all because of the advertising.. a game can sell a lot either by a) lots of advertising or b) by being good.

It's obviously the former here.