Stop natural disasters?

csh

Question

Guest Scathane
Losing shipyards isn't so bad.
?????!!!!! 8O8O8O When you loose 12 out of thirteen in one single blast, it is!!!

Guest Scathane
Shit happens.

:|

(for most of us)

It happens for most of us, heh? What does it do for the rest of us, I wonder?

Guest Scathane
Does it happen to you, Scath, because it happens to me . . . A LOT.
Yeah sure, a fair share of shit happens to me as well, SOCL...

Guest Scathane

how cute we are back to the diapers Scath :wink:
BUAHAHAHAHA! :lol: Does Scathy-Wathy want his bottly-wattly? :lol:
:x:evil::twisted: Of course, you must understand that this irrevokably calls for revenge... Terible, terrible revenge... :twisted::twisted::twisted:

how cute we are back to the diapers Scath :wink:
BUAHAHAHAHA! :lol: Does Scathy-Wathy want his bottly-wattly? :lol:

:|:):D:lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Hey, wormie, AWESOME AVATAR! :lol:

Thanks, I thought it fitting since I am now a Colonel

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Hi all, new here, just looking around. I've had a few times where natural disasters really pissed me off. Over a thousand days into a contest and i'm kicking ass, Rebel HQ is still on Poderis (tucked nicely very far away from anything Imperial) where it started with 14 energy slots, enough to build 6 Gencore IIs, 3 KDYs, and 3 LNR IIs and hold the HQ along with one advanced construction yard, just for safety's sake. Almost nothing short of a death star was going to penetrate that, and BAM HQ and like the consruction yard was all that was left after the natrual disaster. Same has happened to super shipyards of 12 or more to me, which just blows, but not as much as losing the most defended planet in the galaxy after so much time and effort in researching and building those defensive facilities.

In playing the game for years, one thing i've noticed is that the randomness isn't so random. Events are prescheduled by a couple days and the results will always be the same UNLESS another event somehow changes the randomness. Wierd, I know, but what I mean by this is that if a natural disaster happens, go to your last save point, if you do everything EXACTLY as you did, the same thing is going to happen, pretty much without question. If you save your game the day before the disaster hits, reload it and send one espionage mission with Bothan Spies on the home world where they're stationed, when the next day comes, there's a good chance that the disaster may have been averted. If one mission doesn't work, try two or more, but one usually works for me. The also works in recruiting, for every time a recruiting mission comes up, sucessful or not, try the same thing by saving the say before and doing esionage mission on our OWN planet. It will change the outcome (usually) by either recruiting someone if it was unsuccessful before, or recruiting someone different. The stranges thing that I have noticed is that there is a certian list for ever recruiting mission day. This is an odd effect, I personally consider using it for an advantage as a sort of cheating, but if that natural disaster destroyed all of what you were trying to do in a certain sector, this can be a way to get past it.

P.S. In terms of protecting Coruscant, you never need a huge fleet, although I love having one there. Especially if you're playing the computer, if the opponent fleet runs into enough fighters, it will run as fast as it can, even from the pathetic Imperial fighters. Its always good to have at least one Big Gun ship there to inflict damage and to hold an admiral, general, and commander to help detect and foil missions and give your fighters speed enough to inflict some damage before the opposing fleet can get into hyperspace, but a big fleet isn't necessary, just enough fighters to scare anything that comes around into hyperspace.

Later all.