Problem installing rebellion

Dood

Question

Hello, I recently upgraded to windows XP familly edition. When I try to install rebellion, nothing hapens !!!

This is what happens: I put the cd in the computer, it opens the autoplay that says "install". I click on install and the empire music plays, the auto-run shuts and then my cursor says it is loading something but then nothing hapens. Ive tried restarting my pc and I also tried opening the setup from the cd, but nothing hapened. I have the french version, I dont know if that changes anything...

Any help would be apreciated...

7 answers to this question

He said he upgraded to XP home =)

Anyway....

I have had some problems with rebellion running on XP (crash's and such) but I didn't have any problems installing. You might want to make sure the CD is clean. If thats not the problem then you might just have to reinstall XP because something might be wrong. Yes I know reinstalling XP just to try and fix one game sounds like a waste of time but I personally have found that doing a clean install fix's many problems.

My original Rebellion CD has serious problems with the autorun ....and the latest drivers for NVIDIA make all the tactical textures completly withe ...ohhh well try the Win98 SE it always works for old games. You could make a double windows instal ..one XP for the rest and 98 for the old games and you start in the one you need.....if you have enough space.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Anyway, thanx for the help, I will try to install it on my portable pc... but it dosent have internet so no rebed... oh well.

:arrow: try 2-3 flopydisks and you will have your RebEd ...just archive it in 1.4 mb sizes :idea:

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I think he meant archiving RebEd in 1,4 MB parts, that would fit on floppy disks :wink:

Although, if you have an usb stick ... :roll:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif