Constructive Criticism

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

The staff on SWR recently got this feedback:

This is an awsome mod but there are some things in it are a bit bad. Like how long it takes to research/build and the costs of the research/build is a bit too high. You could counter this by making it so the resource collector things harvest slowly (standard time was about 24 seconds your time about 8). Also there are 3 ships that the description is a bit messed up, it may be my comp or something else but they are the Mediator Battle Cruiser, the CC-7700 Frigate, and the Defender Star Destroyer. I think the shields on the most powerful/expensive cruiser for the good guys are a bit high because i had that ship vs 5 hiigaran BattleCruisers with about 10 destroyers and it was only taken down halfway before the hiigaran fleet was decimated. All in all though i love this mod, it has soo many ships. Here\'s a suggestion of my own, you should try and have the Falcon in the game (you know which one).

Your views, please, gentlepeople. Oh and remember: don't shoot the messenger... :wink:

They're fair enough comments, everyone has their own views after all.

Here are my responses:

This is an awsome mod but there are some things in it are a bit bad. Like how long it takes to research/build and the costs of the research/build is a bit too high. You could counter this by making it so the resource collector things harvest slowly (standard time was about 24 seconds your time about .

It's a good idea, though the new build times are very good in my opinion. This means that smaller support vessels are built to fill in gaps due to their quicker production time, lower costs and unique purposes (like an anti-fighter platform).

Earlier versions allowed players to build up massive fleets of Star Destroyers and varying cruisers relatively quickly. Which usually made for a short game. The newer version only allows these fast, early build ups with smaller support vessels - which results only in skirmishes between small fleets that would be hard pressed to do any real damage to shipyards.

But then again, that's my opinion.

Also there are 3 ships that the description is a bit messed up, it may be my comp or something else but they are the Mediator Battle Cruiser, the CC-7700 Frigate, and the Defender Star Destroyer.

You're not the only one, I think there maybe a few more that have the weird text. Though there's a fix, just download the files at this link - there's a file for improving AI and two for the text fixes (one for the Alliance and one for the Empire), just read the text above the link to know where to put them.

Fixes thanks to Evil_Greven

I think the shields on the most powerful/expensive cruiser for the good guys are a bit high because i had that ship vs 5 hiigaran BattleCruisers with about 10 destroyers and it was only taken down halfway before the hiigaran fleet was decimated

Don't forget, they're two different universes - one's Star Wars and the other HomeWorld, they can't really be compared. Personally I like the values for the hulls and shields of most ships - though some smalelr vessels and some larger ones could be stronger (I'm not sure if it's to do with the strength of the ship or if they just get hit easier, though my DSDs and sometimes my Republic SD seem to get damaged really quick even though they're meant to be really strong. The DSD should have stronger shields than and ISD mk II, though under some situations it seems to be weaker)

Here\'s a suggestion of my own, you should try and have the Falcon in the game (you know which one).

I think Eville said somewhere that he isn't planning on putting in any of the YT series or "hero" ships. I'd like to have ships like that as NPC (non-player characters) randomly in the game, just to add some depth. It would be neat to have some civilian ships (a bit like the transports in privateer mode) just to fly through the map and then jump away - maybe even get into a fight if provocted?

Well, those are my responces - if anyone disagrees, feel free to respond :wink:

We might get a debate going like those between GAT and Scath! :D:wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif