Rebellion II

Vector

I made a post about the development of Rebellion II, but it looks like that forum almost never gets checked, so here is a link to it.

http://www.swrebellion.com/postt1804.html

I know this is the umtillionth attempt, but someone has to start, right:?:

Basically the gist of it is i've already got plans (which is a link in that post) and i am interested in who would like to help, comments etc.

Thanks in advance

:arrow: Hmmmm could we mod Imperium Galactica 2 I am just playng it again....maybe it is simpler than makeing a hole new game ?!....anyway I will be colse and I already voted in the topic.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

:arrow: Hmmmm could we mod Imperium Galactica 2 I am just playng it again....maybe it is simpler than makeing a hole new game ?!....anyway I will be colse and I already voted in the topic.

Yeah, it's a lot easier to mod then write the game from scratch. Though if Rebellion II isn't going to be a mod - don't try writing your own game engine, it almost always ends in tragedy (I know from personl experice, well actually my brothers experience).

I'd say modding would be best. It would most probably be the easiest option, and I think from a prior thread it also avoided some legalalities :?

Though I can't really remember.

Imperium Galactica II would be ideal as it is more or less an updated version of Rebellion - it would allow ground combat, modifying ships etc.

Pretty much everything that people have suggested in the other threads. Mind you I havn't played it for a long long time - and I'm not even sure where or if I still have it :?

Oh well, that's my 2 cents :wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

I think the fact of the matter is that they don't think they could make profit from developing SWRII. So what we'd have to do is show them that alot - and i mean a hellavalot - of people actually want this game, which i don't think we can do. But, it would be nice to develop SWRII, because then we could actually play the bloddy thing!

Guest JediIgor

Well I didn't mean to stop developing the design document.. but school started and I'm now a senior, plus eville who was also contributing a lot is in grad school and working his butt off to get his Master's.

I was certainly planning to get back to this at least after first semester is over and I get accepted into a college :-). After playing Rome: Total War I am sizzling with ideas about ground battles (though curiously enough I wonder if they are feasible under our time constraints).

I'm curious, who voted for DX and Visual Basic?

Why this is bad:

Visual Basic is a very weak language (and if you are hiring programmers who can't handle C++ you aren't hiring the right people).

Also, DirectX has a habit of only working on Windows well (yeah, I know about WineX and Cedega, but what bout Mac?).. we don't want people on *nix or Mac missing out :).

Besides, they released the OpenGL 2.0 specs quite recently.. and with PS3 openly supporting OpenGL instead of some other proprietary API it's only a matter of time before DirectX dies (or OpenGL becomes a much bigger competitor).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JediIgor

No pointers since I haven't learned it either.. but from what I've seen most of the languages are the same, just different syntaxes :).

I'm applying to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champagne right now, I haven't finished applying yet, and then I might apply to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology!

As for Rome: Total War.. the game is so good you start seeing flaws in the little things! :)

how is Rome:total war? Looks fun

:arrow: Well I'm also playng the game to on hard/hard setting since it is more realistic :roll:

:arrow: It is very time consuming and yes there are somethings to be improved and the game to be made even more historycal with units and stuff....I don't know who they consulted but they missing alot of (nonroman) :evil: units

:arrow: hmm can we mod it just for fun ? I don't see any RomeTW fanforum around

:arrow: You can find the Rome topic on SWR here:

http://www.swrebellion.com/postt1823.html

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I would like to see troop control to the same extent as starship control, if they could somehow incorporate galactic battlegrounds into the sequel i I think that would be a great addition, that is the only thing Rebellion is missing in my mind.