Original Trilogy DVD Changes (spoilers)

SOCL

Which Boba Fett voice do you like better?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which Boba Fett voice do you like better?

• Original (Jeremy Bulloch)
    • New (Jango Fett)
    • SOCL, you're obsessing a tad.

If anyone wants to see the Boba Fett scenes with all of the digital rendering and what not, just watch the extended version of "Empire of Dreams". For some reason they included the original boice in it.
I didn't see it in the documentary. :? Where is it?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more than half way through the documentary, just as they are talking about the new characters introduced in ESB. I think it's some time after they introduce Lando. I'll see if I can find it and record that part.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

When they talk about the making of ESB they mention the integrtion of A new bounty hnter named Boba Fett.
Oh, okay. By what _Thrawn had said, I thought it was like some deleted scenes section where you could watch the original scenes before they had been changed for the DVD edition.

Guest Admiral_Antilles
Holy crap, SOCL is back! 8O Hey that ryhmes... anyways, on the subject at hand, I find that most of the improvements were great. But the Anakin switcheroo, and the voices changes were un-needed. Just a visual mop-up would have been enough to suffice me, along with sound enhancements. Overall I am happy with the DvD trilogy, but it can never replace my original un-altered VHS trilogy. :D

• SWR Staff - Executive

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

In glancing at those changes from Theforce.net, I remembered a question I had.

I have not seen the dvd release.

I know that in a release I had of ESB, (prob. the original full trilogy release on VHS) in the asteroid field, when the officers are reporting to Vader: One of the reporting officers blanks out from the holoscreen and the rest just keep talking like nothing happened. In the release I had, the scene immediatly before that of the star destroyers, and the Executor shows one of the star destroyers being hit in the bridge section by an asteroid. I know that the scene was not in SE, as I was upset about it. It seemed to add to that general feeling that I get through the movies that the Empire is an uncaring military machine. I was just wondering if it made it into the DVD release, as it wasn't mentioned on TFN?

In the release I had, the scene immediatly before that of the star destroyers, and the Executor shows one of the star destroyers being hit in the bridge section by an asteroid. I know that the scene was not in SE, as I was upset about it. It seemed to add to that general feeling that I get through the movies that the Empire is an uncaring military machine. I was just wondering if it made it into the DVD release, as it wasn't mentioned on TFN?
I have both the original Special Edition VHS and the later Special Edition VHS and both have the scene with the Star Destroyer being hit by an asteroid.... :?

Well the box set vhs of SE I have doesn't show that scene in ESB. Maybe I should complain? =o) So then I take that it did make it into the dvd release as well, and I'm just ignorant. =o)
I'm still a tad confused of how yours doesn't and mine does.... :?

Actually, I own the DVD box but haven't seen it yet, waiting for my g/f to watch together. I don't worry about the changes, hahaha, totally not.. because:

IT CAN'T BE TRUE THAT THEY CHANGED SEBASTIAN SHAW INTO HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN!

Good gracious lord, let is be untrue!

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

I have to say that my biggest beef is the spirit change at the end. The other spirits show the time that they died ala Obi-Wan is old and yoda has that white hair sticking out of head like when he was lying down. Sebastian Shaw should have stayed for the fact that it was him when Vader died....not Hayden. Hopefully Lucas will change it whenever he does another DVD remake of the trilogy. But most likely he will change so that an older Hayden is behind the mask. And is it me or does Hayden still look evil even though he has been redeemed???? :roll::?: