Ship Cards vs Tactical Models

JarodSliverstar

Am I right in thinking that Ship Cards (in RebED) and the tactical models are not part of the same package?

I have tried to import a couple ship cards using RedED and I seem to keep ending up with that 'default' tactical model. So I assume I need to import a new ship model seperately. Or am I doing something wrong with RedED?

Also, in reading the forums, I came across a question.

It was stated in several places that Rebellion seems to have a problem with both sides having the same ship model. Like if I set the Corellian Corvette to be built by both sides, and then we both show up with Corvettes at a fight, will the game handle it okay?

Or is this only a problem with 'new' ship models?

Thanks much.

Jarod Sliverstar

Wanna-be Star Destroyer God!

Okay, as you've observed quite correctly the ship cards have nothing to do with the ship models. To import models you need the Model importer you find in the download section. Mask's tutorial with the importer will take it from there.

The problem with ships using the same model is only existent, as far as I understand, if the same model is in two different model slots. Having one ship buildable by both sides (as in check both boxes in RebED) does not result in problems. At least it hasn't for me so far.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/RiesstiuIV/Krempel/trapaure.gif

Thanks Admirial.

I will probably play with it some more once I finish my current game. It is only the third game I have played (just aquired the game).

Large galaxy, med setting, playing the Imps. The Rebels have been pretty darn successful at taking one planet in a core sector and having most of the netural planets decide to join right then and there. Right now, they have about 3 times the number of planets as I do. But I have been on a major sabotage run taking out their various contruction, training and shipyard facilities. I am hoping to slow them down until I can build up some Rim sectors and take back the offensive.

Jarod Sliverstar

Wanna-be Star Destroyer God!